Reform

*Adelaide*

"Are you okay?" Kieran's words are first to greet me as I enter their office today. I woke up still disgruntled about yesterday, the bodies still plague my mind and Dawnstone has me agitated. Everything is piling up and it's becoming overwhelming. With knowing Roman's intention to mate with me I'm just all out of sorts. I don't know if now is the right time for him to be distracted with me, and I don't know if I'm comfortable settling down right now.

"I'm okay Kieran. I do have a question though, I know I probably have no right, but I'd like to look into the prisons systems. The one here and ones in Royal territory together. If we can influence others as well that would be great but I want to help prevent what happened to me." I know Kieran will help me but I don't know if it has to come through him and he does all the work or if I can do the research and put it through myself. "I understand that torture is a necessary evil in some cases. However, what I went through broke me as a child. There is no reason for that to ever happen."

"I agree, I will get you as much information as I can about pack prisons. I do not think that you can put it through unless you were Queen immediately, but I think you can do all the leg work." Kieran begins to explain my involvement level which makes me glad I can have some impact. "If you'd like I can take you down to our cells right now. We can see if we can figure out the situation. If we do it spontaneously rather than call down we will be able to unearth bad practice. Plus you can interview whoever you need so you're sure."

"Thank you Kieran, that's more than I thought would happen. I'm eternally grateful for all you do for me." I commend Kieran wanting nothing more than to jump up and down like a kid that just received candy. "I would appreciate going down with you when you're available."

"Give me 15 minutes, and I'm all yours for the afternoon." He smiles gently and I return the gesture just as Acer enters his office coming back from lunch.

"Acer!" I greet him standing and slumping into a seat in front of his desk rather than Kieran's. He smiles in recognition of me as he gets himself settled. "How was lunch?"

"They made soup and sandwiches this afternoon. I wasn't there long though because I sent Verilee and Paris to her parents." Acer hums turning on his computer and making the papers on his desk near into a pile.

I almost audibly groan at the mention of liquid foods because that's not what I want to eat. My diet is altered anyway though, but lately it's been much of the same. "Why did they go? Just pleasure?"

"Ver and I agreed that it would be best to get them away from danger just in case. After we found the bodies and there's potential for danger she decided to make her vacation trip extended." Acer responds quickly but doesn't register the look on my face. How serious of a threat is this? Is really more than just rogues terrorizing Roman? Could it really be her father?

"Huh."

"So, I know this whole you and Roman thing is almost set in stone. I just want you to be sure because Kieran and you are basically in love. I can see it." Acer mentions quietly making sure Kieran can't hear what he's sharing with me. I smile shaking my head feeling a deep blush rush to my cheeks.

"Kieran and I are no more than friends." Adelaide whispers back with a wide smile that makes Acer question which one she is smiling for. His face shows it all.

"He'd be better for you than Roman." Acer sighs looking to Kieran who is so honorable. Her moment of opportunity has passed for Kieran, he wants Valorie. He will always kick himself for what happened to Val.

"Roman wants me for me, no bond. He desires me." I admit but it feels slightly overshadowed by Kennedy throwing in the hat. I am really the only option at this point. She hasn't been pawning after him in a while which is probably more guilty than anything.