Sick

"What would you like?" She once more marvels at another room in this palace. The chefs prepare and bustle around the room cooking and baking. All ignore their royal Beta and the woman he's decided to bring along. After a couple quick glances their way all the bustling wolves never look again.

It is alarming and amazing to her that so far she has been subjected to many of the workers here and none of them have given her a sideways glance about being a rogue. She sure got many pitiful looks from the maids as she was disgusting and stunk then they had to deal with it, but there was no judgement from where she came.

"Anything."

"Anything works." She repeats curt after a long breath, dismissing her brief zoneout, in reality she can't find her words. She watches on, still awestruck, at the inner workings of the place. It's truly just... wonderful, absolutely amazing. He offers anything but she couldn't even think up a thing to eat or what she ate as a child. What dishes would sound good to her in that moment, those kinds of things. She couldn't remember the last time someone even cooked a meal for her.

"Please make some finger sandwiches and a bowl of cheesy mac for the lady please." Kieran orders for her while taking note on her easy transition. She didn't make a fuss, that's for sure. She was untrusting which is obvious to Kieran, but she isn't resistant. She watches everyone's moves extremely closely, but she seems okay being around Kieran knowing that they both understand one another on a different level.

"Questions?" He asks once more, completely willing to be turned down and drop the subject altogether. She let a long period of silence take over them which let him to the assumption that she wasn't going to say anything.

"Why no cell?" She finally asks what has been nagging at her, she doesn't look at him while asking. Instead Adelaide watches the cooks diligently work on her next meal. She doesn't want to hear from him that she will be in a cell again. If she was to be in a cell again the both of them knew she would fight to the death before being placed there. Kieran wants her to be assured that there is no need to kill him.

"You are a guest."

"I'm unable to leave..." She reminds him, it is quite obvious that if they wanted her here so bad for so long that there is no chance that she won't be staying at least for some reason. There really is no use running away from it either since she could be found so easily before.

"Perhaps, but you are not deserving of being a prisoner here either and what that comes with. I am not sure what the plan was, or is now for you, but you are free to explore all of the grounds." He answers after a small sigh, he truly seems baffled at the situation. His King wasn't so sure why he took her with either, now he doesn't want to be too involved. "I am sure we can take you to the city if you'd like someday too." They put too much effort into getting her just to let her go.

She nods accepting the answer, she appreciates his compliance and honesty. Still hesitant to trust him, but appreciative nonetheless of the efforts. His admittance of his secret allows her to trust him more easily than before.

"Here you are my lord." The chef places the tray of foods on a counter away from the bustle. Two other cooks drag two stools to the counter for them. Kieran then led the way to the seats taking his food items to his own seat as well as taking Adelaide's food to a seat close to him but not right next to him. He wants her to be able to choose her distance.

A small pat on the second stool coaxes her from her spot to join him at the countertop. She doesn't settle without a quick testing look towards him. He made a joke previously about the food being poisoned which makes her slightly nervous. If they were to poison her though, why would they inform her beforehand.