Paris

It was odd waking up for Adelaide, like she felt free. She was a rogue for years and yet she felt more free than ever. Kieran's trainings have helped her immensely in her confidence and self assurance.

The warm weather is truly rolling in and it is beginning to look up for her. The rains that had previously been holed up above the lands were few and far in between no longer held by the mountains. The sun breaches the peaks just barely, but enough the warm purple glow takes over of the valley.

She pulls the covers to her chin and rolls on her side to watch the sunrise properly. It isn't enough... deciding quickly she pulls the covers back. The cold hits her and bumps rush up her arms. She is missing the comfort almost instantly, she remains uncovered though it doesn't discourage her. The rooms aren't frigid as they may seem, but with her wolf gaining strength, although still weak, she isn't maintaining what is her normal body heat. Her feet slip into the slippers by the bed so her feet don't get cold on the marble stone floors.

Her balcony doors are shut and locked in case someone ever came for her in the night. It is nice to have them open during the days, they carry in a gust of fresh air off the lake which is always refreshing. Though her mind still remains paranoid about what Torryn's pack will to do to get her back. When will they come?

Pushing open the doors she walks out onto the balcony leaning against the railing. The air she's so fond of greets her face blowing her baby hairs gently against her skin. The wind is heavier than normal pushing last nights storm from the valley.

"Good morning Addi." Acer says from behind her, she flinches at the new sound and turns to greet him. Adelaide finds him standing in his normal slacks and white button up with a matching black jacket, no training clothes. Why does he need her then? Her eyes dart to what he's holding though. "This is Paris, my mate went out with a group of women this morning to get the rest of the preparations and Paris's daycare canceled."

"Your daughter?" Adelaide asks rather redundantly seeing the immediate resemblance in their eyes. "She's beautiful." Adelaide watches her curiously. It's been too long since she's had contact with a child despite how fond she is of them. Why would he trust her enough to be around his daughter? Aren't there like millions of others to watch her?

Paris is slight in stature, genuinely very small which makes her even more adorable. Her light brown hair is pulled back into a small ponytail, really whatever will fit back into it. She wears an adorable little dress that's light for the warmth of the summer.

"Do you mind watching her? She's really quiet to be honest and I know you're not super busy. If not that's-"

"I'll watch her, don't worry." Adelaide cuts him off and oddly enough for him, he watches her smile at the girl. Like a genuine smile, one that makes you feel warmth inside and his face lifts into a larger smile at the sight. She truly is such a sight to be held, and it's insane to him how difficult her situation has always been. Someone who has never deserved it in her life.

It's odd that he would choose her to watch Paris, especially since she doesn't know his mate Verilee too well. Verilee is a strong individual who does her duties very well from what Adelaide can tell and even participated in patrol. They've never properly met or been introduced which does not mean that Adelaide can say much of her character.

"Paris, can you say hi to Addi?" Acer coos gently to his daughter to encourage her forward where Adelaide stands patiently on the balcony. Adelaide doesn't want to scare the young pup by startling her so she remains in her place allowing her to come forward herself.

"Hi Adddi." She says immediately, Paris is small, probably smaller than most pups around her age. From what Adelaide knew before this moment, Paris is 2 and a half, she's got her moms soft brown hair and her dads bright blue eyes but mainly she knew that her walking is crazy. She is an adventurous little pup, and according to her father, she's always finding trouble.