Terror

Weeks pass and the Royals seem to have lost interest. The one warrior apparently getting enough bartering done encouraging them that we are all too deep in grief to deter them away from these lands, possibly temporarily. Torryn ordered his men to run the royals further off into the neutral territory. What has been odd is that Torryn has not gotten any message from the King in response Torryn's inquiries. Torryn fears that soon it will mean war, he does not have the men to go to war with the King.

Although, Torryn has not lost his interest in his ex-mate. He still finds himself watching her from outside her cell almost every other day. It is odd for this fascination to build, especially since he doesn't care nor want to care for her. He patronizes her with his presence. Like it's some joke. He rejected her so he should have no draw to her but it's hard for him. The bond may still be there merely because she has yet to accept the rejection.

"Stop coming here." Her cold voice shook him from his stupor cutting through him like a knife. His mind was busy thinking about the Royals he didn't notice that he was making his way down to the cells until he was standing in front of his ex-mate's cell. His wolf howls out to hers upon recognition, but his connection had broken from her. He doesn't want her, it's been made very clear.

She is absolutely beautiful, and she had looked Luna enough when she came. She just wasn't the right material, she isn't very strong. Since her... 'arrival' though, Adelaide has lost all mass she has been working so hard to build after being exiled put on the neutral grounds. She looked as if fit to be a Luna, but she isn't enough now even if she had been before. She's not enough for a position at his side. She must see that? Her status in the pack is ruined and she can't support herself let alone the children that she would have with him.

Hurt fills his heart at her words, but he has no right to feel anything. If he shows emotion, he cares and why would he care? It would be the end for him if he'd cared. He doesn't want her anyway. Why doesn't she want to see him? If she doesn't want to see him so bad she should just reject him and get this all over with.

She looks like hell, and she knows it. The clothes she arrived in are still wearing and grating against her skin like sandpaper just as a reminder of her of her appearance. The stench is probably beyond belief, but who cares about her cleanliness? Okay, so she does... only a little bit, but it's not like she can fix it. Obviously, the pack does not care for her appearance or stench nor their Alpha. So, she sits in her filth day after day knowing that this time there is very much likely to be an end of this torture. Until her impending death she will sit here waiting for their Alpha to disassociate himself with her and make a decision. Hopefully that day is coming sooner because how much more of this waiting she can handle she won't know.

"Why?" He finally responds after a heart wrenching pregnant pause of silence. He fidgets which satisfies both her and her wolf a bit, he's uncomfortable with the situation. Her reactions leave him itching to get away from the frigid nature she has. She has turned bitter, they both had. This time around she knew her situation and she knew how to feel. Cold. No reactions to satisfy him.

"Neither of us benefit. My wolf barely contains herself from the begging she wants to do of you. She wants you and your wolf, but she knows that I want nothing to do with the likes of you." Her voice remains cold, dripping the abhor from each word. Her hard gaze never faltering from the stone etched into her mind. Such different feelings and experiences related to both stones. She evokes shivers from him at just her voice, the difference in tones that she uses now. It is obvious to him and other wolves that if given the opportunity she would likely kill herself.

He takes a little more time to respond now, even though he knows that taking more time would lead her on. "So?" Not a 'so how can we fix this' or the great 'so I've changed my mind.' He of course sounded as if he could care less. Couldn't give two shits about her wolf, her health, her. He has to cover up whatever he is feeling no matter what because he cannot shrivel his self image to being mated to a female like her. The pack would ostracize him and there would be anarchy, so no matter his feelings she must stay the way she is.