King

Her eyes burn at the bright light hitting her corneas. A spotlight is pointed directly at their entry point. A quick moment is taken to allow her to adjust to the light and focus in on what is around her. They pause as they enter the room which allows Adelaide to see the grand chandeliers and fine prints on the walls. Murals line the edging telling the history of the nation. Finally, Kieran guides her through their descent down the steps to the main ball floor. Her body and wolf force her to hold her head high like she should be respected above all. This display makes her want to shrivel up and hide in the forest once more. So much attention, like her judgement day a long time ago. Although like then, there are those who would like her out of the Summit. Kieran assures that they hold no weight over weather or not she stays or goes.

When Kieran squeezes her closer just slightly feeling her nerves she relaxes a lot. She's here with Kieran, he will save her from these piranhas if she had to ask.

When they meet the floor, thankfully the room erupts back into the chaos it was before. Several wolves make it their first priority to greet the pair as they join the party. She gives them tight lipped smiles and fake pleasantries which are returned back to her. None of them want her here. It makes her wonder if Kieran bringing here makes him look worse.

"Loosen your grip Addi, you're okay." Kieran reassures quietly and she nods pulling back on the force she was exerting on his arm as they joined conversation. "Oh Commander Eaton." Kieran greets joyfully in a way Adelaide hasn't seen him before. He is diplomatic, a fake sort of happy, a front she hasn't seen. A way that's deceivingly not genuine but looks and sounds more genuine than what one would normally be putting forth.

"Beta Ross." The man greets Kieran before sending a subtle glance Adelaides way, after that Adelaide loses interest. She allows this time to be used to examine the room again. The walls still hold her interest because she wants to read them as they are intended to tell their stories. Conflicted she stays by Kieran's side not wanting to be alone in the pack of piranhas here.

Her attention returns to the men next to her. She picks up on a couple things, Eaton is from Crescent Pack. She felt comfortable without as many people watching, all the wolves milling about conversing about rather posh topics. Although she still catches all the glances her way.

The ball is overall very lavish, packs from everywhere on the continent. Myrram spent a long time during the ride back from dress shopping saying the people from each pack to remember who was who. Though Adelaide wasn't particularly listening then and she doubts it would make a difference if she had now.

She spots Torryn in the corner of the room staring. If looks could kill Kieran would be nailed to the wall with a silver stake. The shivers climb up Adelaides spine in fear that there would be a brash encounter later. She'd almost prefer it if they were scouting the place to see the easiest way to ruin her life. If they make a scene here then surely she will have no place anywhere in this nation.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" Kieran hums, he had finished his conversation with Eaton. His arm slips past hers to her other side pulling her close by opposite hip and she sends him a small smile. Her eyes sweep the expanse of the room once more just to commit it to memory. A silent hope she may witness more like this. There are too many people but the scene is amazing.

"Breathtaking." Finally, she whispers back returning her gaze to Kieran. He chuckles taking a few good looks of the room himself. "Why'd you choose to escort me?"

"I'd like to think we are actually becoming friends Addi. Not the fake sort that you find a lot around here, the ones using my position to grapple at the king." Kieran smiles again in his diplomatic manner, like nothing has ever troubled him in his life. He has gotten them into a quiet corner where they can talk without the eyes and ears of the castle.