Morning After

Adelaide

His arms are wrapped tight around my stomach keeping us close together. The wind through the open balcony doors softly laps at my hip where the blanket is long gone leaving shivers where it touches. I wish that Roman would share more of his heat because I'm cold.

It takes me a moment to remember why the balcony is open. The cream silk robe that I wore last night when I went out to cool off lays on the ground where Roman tore it off me, to go another round... on the balcony. Which was an adventure in of itself, one which made me acutely aware of how loud the two of us could get. Just the thoughts and remembering each small detail of the events is enough to raise warmth to my cheeks and turn my head away from the terrace itself. Roman is insatiable when it comes to the tango, I've never been touched like that before. I've never felt like that before.

Carefully, I roll over to get a good look at Roman's face. He's a quiet sleeper, his jaw is set and the soft breaths he releases make my baby hairs flitter in the air. I think I like him more when he's sleeping, at least he is peaceful and not brooding.

Roman interacts with me in only controlled environments because the public doesn't need to be involved. Even when it's just us he's always stressed and thinking about millions of things. It's expected when you run a nation I suspect.

"It's rude to stare my love." His eyes snap open catching me completely off guard, I widen my eyes at the abrupt change. I shook my head with a small smile on my face not able to find words at first. Sharing a bed with him like this makes me nervous, what are the dos, and don'ts?

"Not when it's at you." I respond softly and he chuckles loudly which makes the sound echo off the marble in my room. The noise was like a cannon of musicians playing a perfect tune. "You're so peaceful sleeping." I comment making him scoff and shake his head gently. He mumbles something like he doesn't sleep much but I'm not awake enough to catch on this early.

He pulls himself up to sit and leans back just a bit to stretch away the tired, which means his hands release me. I take the opportunity to slide off the edge of the bed pulling my flat sheet with me to cover up. Before I can make even one more step towards the bathroom my hand is caught. My sheet almost falls when I become alarmed.

"Not so fast, I didn't get a kiss." He growls pulling me down onto my butt on the bed almost on top of his outstretched legs. I quickly fix the sheet and pull it close so I keep my body hidden. I look behind me at the man who sports with a flashy grin obviously working an angle. "Come here, mate." He hesitates before he says mate which leaves me head scratching. Was that on purpose?

I lean down meeting his lips trying not to start something so I can go shower and get ready, I have to pee. "Good morning mate." I respond liking the word in reference to one another. He chuckles pulling me in for a couple more soft kisses before allowing me to patter my feet across the floor to the bathroom. I drop the sheet into the hamper in the closet as I enter so I can do my business.

I think about how quickly we came on, mateships are fast quicker than this even. It's just odd to think about the attraction that was there, but he had choice. So then does it mean we aren't truly meant for one another like a regular mateship? Is this superficial? Are we moving way too fast? There is no real turning back now truly, not after... he'd recover but if he left I'd be in shambles. I wouldn't be suitable for any other option because I'm damaged. Did he see the scars? Does he think my body is less desirable because of them? He didn't even ask where they came from. Does he care? Is is bad if he doesn't?

I remember my discarded robe on the terrace when I notice the only one bath towel in the bathroom hanging on the rod. I should leave the towel for Roman if he wishes to shower, which he should. I was the first to witness just how much that man sweats.