Confessions

"We've got to do something?" Adelaide growls lightly, her wolf aching for the end of the week. She's been cleared to begin wolf shifts at the end of the week. This is an ample time for her to work off excess stress as well. It couldn't come sooner, as anxious as she's been about everything else with being here the load about her parents and the deaths really weigh on her mind.

"Doll, we don't even know if it's a true threat?" Roman runs both hands up and down her upper arms. She sighs knowing he's right pushing her head against his chest. "They're dead, I know they're dead. I killed them myself."

The thought doesn't make Adelaide shutter anymore. Her parents deaths, they weren't accidental, and they weren't for bad reason. They deserved the outcome they got, and the royals had no idea her mother was pregnant, she didn't even know.

It's just so agitating to Adelaide that she has so much adoration for this man and the people who made her exist hurt him so deeply. Then that there's no explanation on what is happening anymore. All the theories on the killings are inconclusive which of course has everyone on edge.

"It's alright, I know you're right. It's just concerning." Adelaide hums softly accepting whatever comfort Roman is willing to provide. Deep inside she still feels the wrong of the situation, there has got to be a true threat. She's sure he knows that, but no one wants to admit that the peace is disturbed.

"Come here." He gently tugs on her arm. It's an odd concept to be consoled to her, to only really experience that kind of contact at a young age. She knows for a fact that she wasn't held nearly enough as a child. Grandmother was too weak for long periods of time holding her and her parents were interested in her a bit. It was like she was a pet they could occasionally play with and then left alone to play with another day.

His arms pull her in, her scent filling his nose like a drug relaxing all of the tenseness which has plagued them both. His hands gently running across her body. Her mind goes blank at the feelings that fill her body Roman. She feels uneasy at first, she doesn't know what she's doing, she doesn't want to disappoint her mate. Her heart races which alarms Roman. He reaches his hand up to cup the back of her neck and she flinched hard almost like trying to get out of his grip.

"What's wrong? Do you want me to stop?" He asks letting her go, worry bubbles to the surface and a sense of rejection does as well. A feeling which he does well to mask. She pulls back dropping her head already knowing he's getting worked over for nothing. She's guilty for comparing the two situations at all.

"No, I just. I didn't know what to do?" She mumbles silently, only feeling guilt and hoping he doesn't pick up on the lie. He seems so worried and she's so lost, not equipped for this sort of intimacy. Hugging seems simple, but what if it's not tight enough or she's closing her eyes and he's not?

"Do you not want this?"

"What?" She asks so suddenly, her response is like a deer in the headlights. "No, no. I like you, I want to be with you."

"You do?" He asks more serious this time. He wants to stress that she absolutely wants this. There's no going back, not when this means that they're solidified for the entirety of their lives, of their reign. The decisions they make now shape the nation, shape history.

"I do. I want you." She answers quickly which makes him smile wide. All in that moment Roman feels the real expanse of the room between them. His arms are quick to find her body again and pull her tight against his chest.

"You know there's no going back Ads, you're mine. Forever." His voice is low, careful, placing emphasis on the words so she can feel the power of them. He feeds on her presence like a predator, on her reactions. She's so much smaller than him, so fragile, and yet the strongest female he's ever encountered. Her scent to him is like a drug, her body producing a thick haze of it fill his mind. The attraction she tries hard to hide from him. Her feeble attempts to hide the emotions she keep locked up deep inside is laughable to him at this point. She's so readable to him, every movement she does has a purpose. Their pups will be perfect and so powerful.