*Shows a cell dividing before changing to a pair of Yoai Guis charging, preparing to bite down on the person holding the camera. The shows a massive set of scorpions*

"That planet should be quarantined, take the people and pull them far away from there. Those creatures appear to be walking tumorous beings that are agressive." Mon Mothma said.  

There's a different strain of mutant out there. They're shaped like men but... bigger. Some of them are more dangerous than deathclaws stronger than a man and power armor. They call themselves "super mutants" and they're not the result of random contact with radiation but rather a deliberate act of genetic tampering.

*Shows a super mutant up close, dressed in scrap metal armor, hulking mass of green muscles*

Mon, Bain, Padme and Tal became nervous, glancing over at the kaminoan senator, who's people were known for such actions.

"Interesting, I would be interested in seeing such beings, for experimentation." Halle commented. 

Everyone stared at her now.

"So see if it can be reversed. My people would see if there is a cure to some of these creatures, if they are deliberately created." Halle said.

Holotapes unearthed in pre-war military installations show that the United States government started out with good intentions. Rival nations had attacked america with biological weapons, resulting in a "new plague", so America's leaders created their own defensive virus. The plan, originally, was to make a germ that would mutate america's population just enough that they would become immune to the viruses that the enemy might use. In a sense this Forced Evolutionary Virus worked, but the effects were much more drastic than anticipated.

*Shows scientists in a lab, a man strapped into a machine, before fading to a scientist looking at a man in a green tank, large hulking form

"So to save people......they made that?" Padme asked, motioning to the mutant.

"I think it wasn't suppose to change people that much. It started with good intentions, but side effects were unfixed when their apocalypses hit." Mee Deechi said.

The animal test subjects mutated by it were not only resistant to common biological weapons, they also grew stronger, and more intelligent but monstrously deformed. In maryland the virus was placed in a vault-tec vault and used as part of their cruel experiments. According to files recovered from a vault-tec mainframe, the people who took shelter in that vault were exposed to the virus by their own overseer the very man assigned to protect them after the bombs fell. 

*Shows a large hairless rat like creature, before showing a what could only be as described as a "Failed mutation", with the a deformed body, massive bulges of flesh that ripped apart the vault suit, muscle growth that was beyond expectation, but unnatural, and uneven. Skin ripped exposing muscles and bones*

Everyone was scared by the appearance. Palpatine was acting, he was more curious, what would happen if a Rancor was injected with FEV, or give the kaminoans the FEV, see what they could improve. Imagine the weapons that could be created for his new Empire.

After escaping the war, these people suffered even worse than those trapped on the surface. The mutation process is painful, and most people exposed to the virus die a horrible death in a body they don't even recognize as their own. Those who do survive often wish they hadn't, because their very humanity is taken from them. Whatever they look like before mutating they transform into an enormous, bald, green brute.

*Shows a dark hallway, zooming in on a vault dweller, before it changes to a large figure of a super mutant, then shows a horde of mutants, dressed in makeshift armor, holding hammer like weapons*