CHAPTER 52

It was early morning and Syamantaki reached the top of the hill where Arjun was performing Surya-namaskar while standing in between the flowing river.

She leaned on a tree while watching him perform his prayers. His unkempt hair was now in a half-bun, flowing with the wind like the waves of the river.

Arjun opened his eyes and bowed to Suryadev. His gaze then fell on Syamantaki, who was standing with a paper, ink pot and quill in her hands. Under the sunlight, she shone as bright as a gemstone.

"You are of the divine birth, aren't you ?" Arjun asked coming out of the river.

"Well yes. How do you know Tapasvi ?" Syamantaki asked.

"It's obvious." Arjun said, he knew it by her radiance. He went towards her and sat down at a distance and she sat down in front of him leaning back at the tree.

"Ask away your questions. And remember you have only one hour, Balikey." Arjun said.

"I know but let's introduce ourselves, so you would stop addressing me as Balikey. I am Syamantaki. What is your name ?" She asked.

"Why do you need to know my name ?" He asked.

"I mean... I have to write about who this information is... I must mention you." Syamantaki said.

"Name tells one's identity. And the identity of a Tapasvi is his tapasya." Arjun said, not wishing to reveal his identity by revealing his name.

"But I have to write some name." Syamantaki pressured.

"Write whatever name you want to give me. I don't care." Arjun said looking sideways.

"Alright.... That one grumpy Tapasvi of the Himalaya." Syamantaki muttered writing.

"Hey !" Arjun exclaimed offended, hearing it.

"What ? You only said you don't care what I write." Syamantaki said in an innocent tone. Arjun narrowed his eyes at her.

 Arjun narrowed his eyes at her

"Move on to the next question." Arjun said.

"So how old are you ? 50 ? 55 ?" Syamantaki asked supressing her smile.

"41 !" Arjun said.

"41 ? Oh. Still an old man." Syamantaki muttered writing.

"41 is not old." Arjun said.

"It is." Syamantaki said to tease.

"Really ? How old are you ?" Arjun asked.

"5 months." Syamantaki smiled and Arjun frowned.

"What ?" He asked confused.

"Divine birth, remember ?" She chuckled.

At that Arjun became silent, getting reminded of someone, none other than Draupadi. And Syamantaki knew he was reminded of her, thus she got up and he looked at her.

"Where are you going ?" He asked.

"I think this much is enough for today." She smiled leaving him in the thoughts of Draupadi, which hopefully will increase his desire to go back.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

Alright.... Fair enough.... He called her Balikey, she called him Old man.... Tit for Tat....

Waise boards khatam.... Mast gaye papers.... Ab Krishna bhagwan ki kripa se jo mile woh swikar hoga U.U 🙏