CHAPTER 44

"Satrajitaa ! Satrajitaa !" Satrajit called looking around.

But she was nowhere to be found, suddenly he heard the jingling of anklets, with faint giggling.

"Oh. So my dear putri is hiding from me." Satrajit said with a smile.

The radiant Syamantaki who was behind a pillar, supressed her laugh as the old Yadav king tried to find her.

From behind the pillar she peeked out to see where his father was and frowned seeing the empty hall. Suddenly she was pulled into a big embrace from behind.

"Found you !" Satrajit said hugging his daughter from behind as she chuckled.

"How does everyone find me so easily ?" Syamantaki asked.

"Because of your opulance, my dear." Satrajit said kissing her head.

"Was there no one to play with you putri ? Where is your hand maiden Madhu ?" Satrajit asked.

"I sent her to get me some flowers. Then I got bored and found you." Syamantaki said.

"I came here to take you, it's time for bed." Satrajit said.

"But Pitashree, I am not sleepy." Syamantaki said.

"But you must sleep, remember tomorrow your Satyabhama jiji is going to come." Satrajit said.

"Oh right." She nodded.

Satrajit smiled keeping his hand around her shoulders and taking her outside the hall and to her room.

"You know if it weren't for your jiji and his husband, Dwarikadheesh I wouldn't have gotten you." Satrajit said making her lie down on the bed.

"Is it so ?" Syamantaki asked.

"Yes. Dwarikadheesh guided me to conduct a yagya from which I obtained you, Satrajitaa." He said pulling the duvet over her.

"When will they come tomorrow ?" Syamantaki asked.

"In the morning. Now go to sleep." Satrajit said patting her head and then leaving.

It took her a while to fall asleep, and when she did it was a deep slumber. A deep slumber with a dream.

A white stallion halted and over it sat a warrior with silverish dark-skin. He had curly hair, which was flowing in the air.

He seemed blurry as if he was a forgotten memory. But one thing that was clear as a truth was his copperish red eyes which carried tears.

He raised and extended his hands in a manner which showed that he was calling and longing for someone.

"How long will you take to come ? Is it because I was late for a moment ? So you forgot our love ?" He asked.

"No I didn't !" Syamantaki exclaimed getting up with her one hand raised and extended.

She then frowned in confusion, why did she say this ? Who was this man ? Why did it feel like he was calling for her ?

Syamantaki panted and lied back down with her hand covering her eyes as she realised that it was a just a dream or was it ?

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

Arjun ki pukaar jab swarg tak pahuch gayi toh Rukmika tak kyu nahi pahuchegi ? 😌❤️💛❤️💛