CHAPTER 21

"Devi ? Do you need some help ?" Draupadi asked.

"Yes. I need to get to my room but those two men I have to avoid at all costs." Rukmika said.

"If you have to go from that direction to reach your room, then it must be in the north wing of the palace ?" Draupadi asked.

"Yes. North wing, second floor. It would be great if you could show me another way to reach there." Rukmika said.

"Well, there is only one way to reach the north wing and it's through those stairs only." Draupadi said.

"Oh." Rukmika muttered worried, looking down.

Draupadi looked at the Nagasur brothers and thought for a moment before an idea came to her mind.

"Dasi !" She called a maid carrying a big flower basket.

"Yes Rajkumari ?" The maid bowed.

"Throw these flowers at those two men." Draupadi said, Rukmika looked at her confused.

"At them ?" The maid was hesitant.

"Yes just do as I say. It will be a great help." Draupadi requested.

"A-Alright." The maid nodded.

She took a step ahead, raised her big basket and threw all the flowers at the Vishkaal and Kaalkhand causing them to close their eyes as few petals fell into them.

Draupadi held the hand of Rukmika and ran with her from the side to the stair, climbing up. Rukmika was amused as neither of the two Nagasuras came to know that they passed.

Reaching the second floor both the noble princesses looked at each other, and started laughing.

"Thank you so much. I am Rukmika." Rukmika smiled.

"Rajkumari Rukmika from Vidarbh ?" Draupadi raised her eyebrows with a smile.

"Yes." Rukmika nodded.

"Oh ! You're Govind's sister-in-law !" Draupadi said excitedly.

"Yes. I am the younger sister of Rani Rukmini, his first wife." Rukmika said.

"Nice to meet you. I am Panchali." Draupadi said.

"So it is your swayamvar tomorrow ? There are so many participants who are here to compete." Rukmika said.

"There are many participants here indeed. But the one who is worthy of my garland is not present here yet. I don't know if he will be present or not." Draupadi said.

"Who is he ?" Rukmika asked.

"I cannot tell his name, if he doesn't come then the world will talk rubbish. So I cannot disclose his name." Draupadi said with a small smile.

"I can understand, Panchali. Even I have not disclosed the name of my lover in front of Rukmini jiji." Rukmika said with a smile.

"I am sure whoever your lover would be, he is very fortunate to have you, Rukmika." Draupadi said.

"How do you know ? We've just met." Rukmika said confused.

"Your love for him is visible in your eyes. And it tells me a lot." Draupadi said.

"This trip is proving to be so fruitful for me. First Rukmini Jiji, and now your words have given me a new sense of hope, Panchali. And I wish you all the happiness in the world and all the luck for tomorrow's Swayamvar." Rukmika said.

"Thank you. It was so nice meeting you and talking to you." Draupadi said.

Both the Princesses smiled and embraced each other. Both of them then went on their ways.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

Draupadi and Rukmika ka friendship reminds me of the friends you make on a bus or train while traveling, and then never to meet again....

No ! They both will meet again ! I'm just drawing comparison !

Amusing were those bus/train friends, so sweet, so true, just for a moment but worthy to be cherished forever.

❤️💛❤️💛❤️💛❤️💛❤️💛❤️💛