CHAPTER 8

Maharaj Bhismaka and Rukmi were sitting in the throne room. They were informed that King of Nagasuras along with his brother had arrived to meet him.

"Nagasur-raj Vishkaal is arriving with his brother Yuvraj Kaalkhand !" The dwarpal announced.

Bhishmaka and Rukmi stood up in respect along with rest of the ministers as Vishkaal came into the throne room with high head. Behind him walked his brother Kaalkhand like a sporting elephant.

Around 10-15 Nagasur guards walked behind them with spear and shield in their hands.

"Accept the greetings of Nagasuras, great king." Vishkaal said.

"It is an honour to have you Nagasur-raj. How can we serve you ?" Bhishmaka asked.

"Serve ? No-No Maharaj. We are here to ask for a daan. It is us who should serve you." Vishkaal said in a sleek tone.

"The mighty and rich race of Nagasuras are at my door asking for daan ? I didn't understand. What can we give to the race of creatures who are known for their wealth ?" Bhishmaka said.

"Maharaj, we are at your doorstep with all humbleness, to ask for Kanya-daan. I seek Rajkumari Rukmika's hand for myself." Vishkaal said.

Listening to that Bhismaka raised an eyebrow while Rukmi saw this as an opportunity. If this alliance happens then he can avenge his insult from Dwarika with help of Nagasuras.

"We cannot say yes to this." Bhishmaka said.

Rukmi stood up and looked at him with disbelief for he his missing this opportunity while Vishkaal and Kaalkhand looked at him with frown.

"But why Pita-maharaj ? The race of Nagasuras are so wealthy that Rukmika will stay happy forever ! Also alliance with them will be beneficial for us !" Rukmi said.

"Rukmi, isn't this the same thing you thought while deciding the alliance of Rukmini and Shishupal ? What happened ? Whatever benefits the alliance may have, I shall not say 'yes' until Rukmika agrees to this alliance." Bhismaka said.

"Only if Rukmika would understand." Rukmi mumbled under his breath sitting back to his place.

"Maharaj, if you would permit then I shall talk to Rajkumari ?" Vishkaal asked.

"Fine. Guards, take Nagasur-raj to Rajkumari Rukmika." Bhismaka ordered two guards.

The guards nodded and took Vishkaal and Kaalkhand to the royal garden. Looking around the palace they could tell that this Kingdom was more rich than they expected. After all it was maika of Mata Laxmi, how could it not be prosperous ?

Soon they reached the royal garden where Rukmika was along few maids/ sakhis making flower garlands, crowns and bracelets.

Seeing her in flower ornaments, Vishkaal frowned. The future queen of his kingdom must be adorned with expensive jewels and not flowers, he thought.

"Rajkumari, the flower ornaments doesn't suit you. You must wear jewels, fit for you status." Vishkaal said.

Rukmika looked at him and frowned.

"Who might you be ?" Rukmika asked.

"I am Nagasur-raj Vishkaal." He said.

"Nagasur-raj in Vidarbh ? How come ?" Rukmika asked.

Vishkaal smirked as he took a step towards her and held her hand.

"To seek your hand in marriage and make you my queen." He said.

At that Rukmika took her hand back, Vishkaal chuckled. He then took a box that was in Kaalkhand's hand and then opened it in front of her.

 He then took a box that was in Kaalkhand's hand and then opened it in front of her

"This is for you Rajkumari. The most valuable and precious jewels of the three worlds for a gem like you." Vishkaal said.

"Elder brother, under went many hardships to acquire them through years. He is giving them all to you, Rajkumari." Kaalkhand said.

The sakhis of Rukmika looked at the jewels with awe but she herself was least interested in them.

"Nagasur-raj, with all due to respect I politely reject this proposal. Give these jewels to another lady who will befit you." Rukmika said.

"What ?" Vishkaal frowned.

"Rajkumari there is a letter for you." A servant came and said.

"A letter ?" Rukmika smiled and went towards the servant taking the letter and then leaving from there.

Vishkaal and Kaalkhand both were confused, they couldn't understand how she was taking more interest in a letter than in precious jewels.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

*Vishkaal ko jor ka tamacha maring*

JIS HAATH KO ABHI TAK ARJUN NE NAHI CHHUYA USKO TUNE KAISE PAKDA RE !?!?!

AUR MATA LAXMI KI BEHEN KO SONA CHANDI HEERE MOTI KA LAALACH DE RAHA HAI ?

Gajab idiot hai....