CHAPTER 29

The golden chariot was far outside the premises of Vidarbh, and going through a forest area. To let the horses rest for a while the rath was halted nearby a river.

Arjun caressed his white horses as they drank the water from the river. His eyes then fell on Rukmika who was sitting alone, looking at the river.

This is was the opportunity he was looking for, to get a chance to talk with her alone for a moment. He went towards Rukmika and sat beside her.

"Rukmika ?" He muttered.

"Yes ?" She looked at him.

As their eyes met, Arjun couldn't believe that she was infact right beside him. He held her shoulders, pulling her close to himself, resting his head in her neck.

"Arjun ?" Rukmika muttered.

"Let me live this beautiful dream. Because if it breaks I won't be able to look at this world." Arjun said.

"It's not a dream, it is reality. I am right beside you." Rukmika said.

Arjun raised his head and looked at her smiling face with adoration.

"If this is real, then I have attained happiness of all the worlds." Arjun said.

"So much love ?" Rukmika asked.

"It's beyond love. All the words will fall short to describe what you are to me Rukmika. I found everything that was lost in my life the day you sent me a letter. I got everything that I once thought was impossible for me to get." Arjun said.

Rukmika looked at Arjun, his copper  eyes carrying the supreme form of love and admiration.

"Don't love me with so much dedication Arjun, that I have to take another birth to pay off your debt." Rukmika said.

"Don't insult my love by calling it a debt. I seek nothing but your company for the rest of my life. For it is one of the only things that is worth living for." Arjun said.

Rukmika gazed at his eyes and looked down, as her cheeks became red. Arjun kept a hand under her chin wanting her to look at him again.

"You expressed your desire to see me in your letters, sometimes directly or indirectly. And now that I am right beside you are not looking at me. What is this punishment ?" Arjun asked.

A chuckle left Rukmika's lips, hearing which he smiled and pulled her closer.

"Kuru-kumar, we are not married yet." Rukmika reminded.

"Oh Right." Arjun said embarassedly letting go of her.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

Oye hoye 😍❤️💛❤️💛