CHAPTER 40

"Mahadev ! Mahadev !" Indra along with other gods came to the abode of the Maheshwar.

"Mahadev, the immensely energetic son of mine, Arjun, has established himself on the peak of the Himalayas. He is engaged in difficult and terrible austerities and smoke is emerging in all the directions." Indra said.

"With his austerities, we are afraid that the snow of Himalayas will melt off and flood the entire civilizations." Agnidev said.

"None of us know what he wishes for. The heat of his penance is reaching the swargalok. He is tormenting us. It would be better if he were to be restrained." Vayudev said.

"This devotee of mine doesn't wish for the swarglok, riches nor long life. I know the resolution that is fixed in his mind and so does Shri Krishna. Both of us will accomplish what he wishes for soon. In a happy frame of mind and without fatigue, swiftly return to wherever you have come from." Mahadev assured the devas.

On the other in Hastinapur, the 4 Pandavas were together discussing some laws relating to economics. They were struggling a little bit with it.

"If Arjun was here, then he would've simplified kingdom's economics for us." Bheem said.

At that Yudhishthir sadly smiled remembering Arjun while Nakul sighed and Sehdev lowered his gaze.

"I cannot believe how easily he left us. How did he get so angry ? Why were we not able to calm him ?" Nakul asked, getting emotional as always, whenever Arjun name was mentioned.

"It wasn't easy for him." Yudhishthir said.

"Then why did he leave ? If he was angry, he should've punished us. We would've happily endure it... But he just left ?" Bheem said.

"He left because he didn't want to lose us." Sehdev said.

"What do you mean ?" Nakul asked.

"You didn't see Nakul ? There was a concern, a worry behind Arjun's anger." Yudhishthir said.

"Before we went to him that night, Bhrata Arjun was thinking about all the things destiny has deprived him of. He realised how anyone he gets attached to is snatched away from him, like Pitashree, Mata Madri and Rajkumari Rukmika....." Sehdev said.

"Arjun was afraid to lose us too. And therefore he left renouncing all the bonds. He didn't want to lose us also." Yudhishthir said.

"I didn't know Arjun would think like this." Bheem said.

"It's 'Moh' Bheem, that made him afraid. And that's why I let him go for the penance, so he would get rid of this moh and return back better than." Yudhishthir said.

"But when will Bhrata Arjun return Jyesht ?" Nakul asked.

"I don't know. But I know that he will return soon. We are Pandavas, we are one. Just like how we are incomplete without Arjun, he too must be feeling incomplete there without us." Yudhishthir said with a sad smile.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

So now you know the real reason Arjun left 🥲🥲🥲

FUN FACT - Besides being a great archer, Arjun was also excellent in economics.

I think it's either in Sabha Parva or Shanti Parva, I cannot remember exactly where, but Arjun tells Yudhishthir the ways to maintain a good economy through trade, agriculture, cattle and arts.

DHAN ARJIT KARNA HO TOH DHANANJAY KI BAAT SUNO !
❤️💛❤️💛❤️💛