CHAPTER 49

"Why did you break my penance Balikey ?" He asked in a gruff voice.

Satyabhama was right, he didn't recognise her. But was it even his fault ? Syamantaki thought.

"Ar- um.. Tapasvi... The sages who used to perform penance here were forced to move out because of the heat of your tapobal. Your austerities pose a danger to the Himalayas to melt off." Syamantaki said controlling her tears.

At that Arjun looked around, raising his brows not seeing any of the sages who were there earlier.

"Oh." He muttered realising that the sages actually left.

Syamantaki didn't say anything, just turned around and left picking up her footwear in her hand. Outside the forest, the soldiers and Madhu were waiting for her.

She didn't stop in her tracks and kept walking as Madhu ran towards her while soldiers followed her behind.

"Syamantaki are you alright ?" Madhu asked.

At that Syamantaki shook her head a 'No', as the tears fells from her eyes.

"That Tapasvi didn't curse you, right ?" Madhu asked.

Syamantaki again shook her head a 'No', much to Madhu's relief. But it was short-lived as she saw Satrajitaa walking on the sharp and rocky terrain barefoot.

"Syamantaki ! Your feet are bleeding ! Wear your footwear !" Madhu said panicking.

Syamantaki again said nothing and shook her head a 'No'. She walked the entire rocky terrain and cold snow barefoot.

And when she finally reached the camp, she threw her footwear into the bonfire that the soldiers had made for warmth. Syamantaki ran inside her camp, falling on her knees and sobbing keeping her head on the side of the bed.

"Syamantaki what happened ? Tell me." Madhu asked.

"Leave me alone Madhu." Syamantaki managed to say amidst the tears. Madhu left hesitantly.

On the other side in the tapovan, Arjun was sitting under a tree holding the arrow of Syamantaki. Seeing an arrow after such long time gave him immense nostalgia.

A smile appeared on his face remembering the days where more than the hand of his wife he would hold his bow and arrows. But this memories even brought tears in his eyes, for he longed to hold the hand of Draupadi once again.

But he has pledged not to show his face until he wins against his destiny and bring back his Rukmika. He will fulfill it no matter what. With determination he wiped the tears from his eyes and hoped that his brothers and wife remain happy and healthy.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

Koi naa.... Koi naa... Sab thik ho jayega.... Kanha pe aur author pe bharosa rakho 🤣🤣