CHAPTER 14

It's the 14th day of Shukla Paksha, the day before the dark night of Amavas, the day when Vidur told them to light the Lakshagriha on fire and escape.

A prahar is left before sunset, Arjun was hoping Rukmika's letter to arrive today or else god knows when they will get a chance to talk.

"Rajkumar, a letter has come for you." A servant said.

Arjun sighed in relief, finally it was here. He took the letter from the servant and exused him. He was surprised to see that instead of being tied with a thread like usual it had a pair of kangan around it.

He took the kangan out, touching them he felt as though he was holding the wrists of Rukmika. He smiled coming to know it must've belonged to her.

He unrolled the scroll and started reading what Rukmika had written.

••••••

Beloved Arjun,

Your letter reached me just like how sunlight enters a room and lights up every dark corner. There is the feeling of inexplicable joy in my heart.

Forgive me, for I am not a writer, and may not know the best way and the best words to use. All I do know is that I love you and that I want to spend the rest of my life with you.

I am sending you my kangan, as a symbol of my love.

Yours only
Rukmika

••••••

Arjun chuckled reading it, never has he ever felt so much joy in his life. He took the letter and kangan and placed it in a small flat sandook, where the rest of her letters were kept.

Suddenly Nakul entered the room and was suprised seeing Arjun giggling to himslef.

"Bhrata ? Are you fine ?" Nakul asked.

"Huh ? Nakul ? Y-yes. I am fine. I am more than fine." Arjun started chuckling.

"I have never seen you this happy ? What's the reason ?" Nakul asked.

"I will tell you, I will tell everything to everyone now ! It's time !" Arjun smiled.

"Well then, we will have plenty of time in forest. You can tell us the cause of your happiness there. But now come with me. Jyesht has called everyone, it's time for us to leave." Nakul said.

"Alright." Arjun nodded.

He picked up the small sandook and walked out of the room with Nakul alongside him, who looked at the box in his elder brother's hand confusedly.

"Bhrata, what is in the sandook ?" Nakul asked.

"I will tell everything." Arjun smiled.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

For anyone wondering again.... The Kangan of Rukmika look like this -

 The Kangan of Rukmika look like this -

❤️💛❤️💛❤️💛❤️💛