CHAPTER 39

"Prativindhya ! Prativindhya !" Draupadi called looking for her 2 year old son, her first born.

She heard some skirmishes in a room, which was abandoned for three years. Passing by which made the 4 Pandavas and her very emotional.

"Putra ? Why are you here ?" Draupadi asked, going in.

There she saw him skirmishing through a flat sandook, looking curiously at letters, holding withered roses and putting his hand in golden kangans.

"Putra, I had told you not to touch them." Draupadi said picking Prativindhya up.

She took the withered roses and Kangans from his hands and putting it carefully in the sandook along with letters.

"Who sent ?" He asked pointing at the letters.

At that question, tears started welling up in Draupadi's eyes. But she held them back behind a smile she gave to her son.

"A beautiful princess sent these to your Pita Arjun." Draupadi said.

"Oh.... Pita Arjun was ar-ar-" He stuttered at a word.

"Archer ?" Draupadi guessed.

"Yes ! He was archer ?" Prativindhya asked.

"He is the greatest archer of Bharatvarsh. No one is his equal. But how did you know he is an archer ?" Draupadi asked.

"Bow." Prativindhya pointed at the wall behind the bed where several bows were hanged.

"Great observation my dear son." Draupadi patted his head proudly.

"Pita Arjun is where ?" Prativindhya asked.

At that Draupadi looked down at that, not having an exact answer to it.

"Maa, Pita Arjun is where ?" Prativindhya asked again.

"S-Somewhere in the footsteps of Himalayas." She said with moistened eyes.

"Pita Arjun will come to meet me ?" Prativindhya asked.

"Of course. One day he will come back. He has to." Draupadi said assuring her son and also herself.

She then puts her son down and properly arranges the bed and duvet, where Prativindhya was sitting.

"Maa ?" Prativindhya called looking at her curiously.

"Yes putra ?" Draupadi looked at him.

"If Pita Arjun not here.... Then why do you clean his room... Everyday ?" Prativindhya asked.

"Because who knows when he will return." Draupadi said with smile.

On the otherside, someone else was also missing a loved one. In the household of Satrajit, the Yadav king was missing his dear daughter Satyabhama too much.

"Arya, Satyabhama will be visiting us in a few days." His wife said.

"She will be visiting us in a few days for only a few days. What after that ? After her vidaai, my household seems to have become lifeless. There is no jingling of anklets, no giggling or laughter, everything seems empty." Satrajit said.

"But Arya, every child once grows up and establishes their own world." His wife said.

"I know. But sometimes I wonder how good it would've been if we had one more daughter. Then this household would've stayed lively." Satrajit said sighing.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

Raja Satrajit.... Kya pata aapki iccha purn ho 🌝🌝

HOPE YOU DIDN'T MISS ME MUCH
❤️💛❤️💛❤️💛