CHAPTER 28

"ARJUN ! ARJUN !" Rukmi yelled as his chariot followed Arjun's chariot.

"Pranipat Bhrata Rukmi ! Accept the greetings of your brother-in-law !" Arjun said jokingly.

"BROTHER-IN-LAW !?" Vishkaal exclaimed.

"Arjun ! Stop ! Like a thief you're taking away something that is not yours !" Rukmi said.

"Puru stop." Arjun ordered as his charioteer halted the rath.

Rukmika looked at Arjun who visibly looked pissed off at Rukmi's comment. By then the chariot of the evil minded ones came in front of them.

"If you have competence then defeat us !" Vishkaal said mounting off the chariot with Kaalkhand and Rukmi.

Arjun glared at the three as he grabbed his bow and mounted off the chariot. Rukmika clutched her heart at the fact she was about to witness the fight between her lover and brother.

All the three evil-minded ones raised their bows but before they could pull the strings three arrows came and broke all of their bows.

The three with wide eyes looked at Arjun, who summoned numerous arrows and shot it at Kaalkhand pinning him to the rath, and they were so precise none of them pierced his skin.

"Of course you're an archer ! If you're the one who follows Dharma, then defeat me with a mace !" Vishkaal said

Arjun looked at his charioteer Puru, who threw the mace at him, which he caught with one hand. Arjun rested his bow over his shoulder and tightened the grip around his mace.

Vishkaal lunged at him but Arjun blocked his attack, kicked his chest making back away a few steps. He then lunged at the Nagasur hit his shoulders and then back making him fall down.

Vishkaal panted but as he tried to get up Arjun walked up to him and kept his foot over the chest of the Nagasur pinning him down.

Rukmi grabbed his mace and ran towards Arjun, but the great archer with one blow at his head makes Rukmi fall down on the ground.

He looked at Rukmi, then at Kaalkhand who was pinned to the chariot and then at Vishkaal trying to breath beneath his foot.

"I can kill you three right now, but I don't want Vidarbh and Nagasur race to become Anath. So now you three know that I have enough competence and I follow Dharma. Maharaj Rukmi, don't these qualities make me worthy of Rukmika ?" Arjun asked.

"Huh ?" Rukmi couldn't say anything as he held his head, wincing in pain.

"I take that as yes. Pranipat." Arjun said and turned around.

Rukmika smiled at him, once again impressed by his display of skills

Rukmika smiled at him, once again impressed by his display of skills. Arjun mounted on his rath again and looked at his love smilingly.

He held her hand and took out a pair of beautiful kangans that once belonged to Kunti. Arjun gently puts them on her wrists and places a kiss on her hands, which wrote lovely letters to him.

He was finally able to hold those hands that offered him an escape from his harsh life. Arjun then looked at Rukmi who was still holding his head in pain.

"Vidarbh-naresh !" Arjun called.

"Eh ?" Rukmi responded wincing.

"I have made your sister wear the kangans of my mother. This completes the Vaghdaan ceremony. Now you are free from your worries, Rukmika is rightfully mine." Arjun smiled.

Rukmika's cheeks turned red at that and then Arjun gestured his charioteer Puru to move. Rukmi, Vishkaal and Kaalkhand grunted looking at the rath leaving the premises of Vidarbh.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

Ek kahawat hai ki takla nariyal ke ped ke niche sirf ek baar jata hai.... Yeh Rukmi 2 baar gaya 😑😑😑

Aur Vishkaal ! Bada aage aa raha tha Rukmika ko apna banane ! Dikh gayi apni aukat !? Arjun ke paer ke niche daba huya tha 😂😂😂😂

And man oh man ! Arjun is sleek as hell ! Sabke saamne vaghdaan bhi kardiya 🤣🤣🤣
❤️💛❤️💛❤️💛