CHAPTER 9

Rukmi from behind a pillar saw Rukmika rejecting Vishkaal and leaving with a letter in her hand. He couldn't let this alliance fall from his hands just like that.

"Nagasur-raj !" Rukmi went towards him.

"Yuvraj ! Your sister insulted my brother, the king of our race by rejecting his proposal !" Kaalkhand said.

"I beg for forgiveness on her behalf. Pardon Rukmika, she's a child who doesn't understand her own wellbeing. I shall do something." Rukmi said.

"What will you do ?" Vishkaal asked.

"I shall try to convince Rukmika, she is adamant but she will agree. But I cannot do this without your help." Rukmi said.

"Why do you require our help ?" Kaalkhand asked narrowing his eyes.

"There are few obstacles in the way. I can overcome them only by your support." Rukmi said.

"All the obstacles shall be eliminated Yuvraj. Don't worry about that. Ask for our help whenever you need it." Vishkaal said.

He then stomped out with Kaalkhand following him behind. While on the other side Rukmika was reading the letter that was sent by Arjun.

She kept giggling and in excitement and happiness even showed it to Lata, who also couldn't help but smile.

"Rajkumari, believe me Kuru-kumar is definitely into you." Lata said.

"Maybe..." Rukmi chuckled nervously.

Suddenly Rukmi stomped into the room, seeing him Rukmika quickly hid the letter behind her back.

"Lata, leave us alone." Rukmi ordered.

Lata nodded and left, Rukmika looked at Rukmi who was looking like as if he was controlling his anger.

"What's behind your back ?" Rukmi asked.

"It doesn't concern you Bhrata." Rukmika said.

Rukmi glared at her and then snatched the letter from behind her back.

"Bhrata ! Give it to me back !" Rukmika said.

Rukmi didn't listen to her as he read the letter. He frowned at the lovely words and then glared at Rukmika.

"Since when is this going on !?" Rukmi asked.

"What ?" Rukmika asked.

"Rukmika don't act innocent ! I shall never let this happen ! The only person you shall marry is Nagasur-raj Vishkaal !" Rukmi said.

"Never Bhrata !" Rukmika said.

"Rukmika, I have said that you will marry him so you will ! He's better than Kuru kumar anyway ! He shall make you a queen !" Rukmi said.

"I would rather embrace death than embrace Vishkaal !" Rukmika said.

Both Rukmi and Rukmika glared at each other, neither was ready to give up, neither was ready to back down. Rukmi looked at the letter and then held it above a diya, lighting it on fire.

Rukmika looked at the burning letter and then at Rukmi. At that moment she realised that her path to Arjun is going to be more hard than she had thought.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

*Getting intense flashbacks from OOL and FBOD*

Jisse prem kiya hai woh toh Bhagwaan hai.... Unhe prapt karne hetu mrityu ki rekha toh paar karni padegi....
😶😶😶