CHAPTER 57

In the foothills of the Himalayas, Kaalkhand has come with his army with plans to kill both Arjun and Syamantaki.

"Nagasur soldiers ! Those lovebirds were the cause of the late Nagasur-raj and my elder brother Vishkaal ! In her last birth, she had rejected the golden proposal to be the queen of Nagasuras ! She paid with her life ! And that man killed our king ! Now they both have met again ! WHAT SHOULD WE DO !?" Kaalkhand roared.

"KILL THEM ! KILL THEM !" The soldiers boomed raising their weapons.

"Kulguru said that by trying to separate them we would be going against Paramatma ! But isn't it a warriors duty to avenge the insult !?" Kaalkhand asked.

"IT IS ! IT IS !" The soldiers yelled.

"SO NOW ! TODAY ITSELF WE SHALL KILL BOTH ARJUN AND SYAMANTAKI AND AVENGE THE DEATH OF LATE NAGASUR-RAJ VISHKAAL !" Kaalkhand roared.

"GLORY TO NAGASUR-RAJ !" The soldiers cheered.

"March behind me soliders ! Today is the day to show your valour !" Kaalkhand said.

He stomped ahead as the Nagasur soldiers followed him behind. They all were determined to avenge the death of Vishkaal.

----

Syamantaki was standing by a tree, looking at the water of Mansarovar.

'He still doesn't recognise me, how can he ? I don't look the way I used to

'He still doesn't recognise me, how can he ? I don't look the way I used to. Maybe he would recognise my touch when I wash his feet ?' She wondered looking at her reflection in the Mansarovar, which seemed to be like the rays of sun hitting the lake.

"Syamantaki ?" Madhu called going towards her.

"Yes ?" Syamantaki looked at her hand maiden.

"A letter has come from Raja Satrajit. He misses you very much and asks you to return as soon as possible." Madhu said.

Syamantaki sighed, how can she leave without Arjun recognising her but neither can she disobey Satrajit. Caught in the dilemma of relations again just like Rukmika was, she thought.

"Why are you upset ?" Madhu said.

"Hopelessness." Syamantaki said.

"Wait a minute. I know how to eliminate your hoplessness." Madhu said.

She quickly went inside the tent of Syamantaki and came out with the flat sandook that was given by Satyabhama and carried the letters, flowers and kangans that Rukmika sent to Arjun.

"I don't know what's in this. But I have seen it always gives you hope." Madhu said handing the sandook to her.

And it did, it gave her immense hope as she held it and looked at it. Whatever it takes, she has to make him remind. His penance has bore fruit, and so will their love.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

Itne saare updates mil rahe hai...

🌝🌝🌝🌝