CHAPTER 37

Arjun sat alone in the dark room, rocking back and forth on the bed, his head resting over his joined hands which were over his knees.

He kept thinking of all the times destiny played its cruel game with him. He kept thinking of everything time snatched from him.

"My son, how do you wish to be when you grow up ?" Madri asked.

"I wish to be brave and valorous just like my father." Little Arjun said.

"Just like me ?" Pandu asked affectionately keeping a hand over Arjun's head.

"I am sure Arjun, you will be a better warrior than your father also." Madri smiled kissing his forehead.

-

"Arjun, won't you have a bite ? I made this for you in honour of your birthday." Kunti said.

"Mata I will eat this from the hands of Mata Madri first." A teenage Arjun said.

"Maharani ! Maharani ! Maharaj Pandu is no more !" Someone informed.

-

"This all happened because of me ! I cannot live with this guilt !" Madri said.

Along with Pandu, Madri also left them behind. It all happened on the most auspicious day. His birthday.

-

"Who are these Vanvasi ? They don't deserve to be in front of us Royals." A young Duryodhan laughed.

"How can they be our cousins ? They are so uncivilized like the forest !" Dushashan said.

-

"I shall prove myself that I am a better archer Arjun, Gurudev." Karna said.

"Why is Vasusen competing against me ? I never challenged him ?" Arjun muttered.

-

"The palace is made of perishable material. This is Lakshagriha. A conspiracy is hatched to burn us all alive." Yudhishthir said.

-

"We shall never accept Yudhishthir as the Yuvraj !" Duryodhan said.

"Hastinapur would be divided for peace !" Dhritrashtra said.

-

"In the name of half the kingdom, we have gotten nothing but a barren land. It's not even habitable !" Nakul said.

-

Time and Destiny again stole what he cherished close. His fate rarely gave him any reasons of joy but when it did, it snatched it away in the worst way possible.

Even in the midst of such life, Rukmika came to him like a ray of sunshine that eliminates all the darkness. Her letter offered such escape from his harsh reality, that only his Madhav and his Draupadi gave him.

But this time Arjun was unable to accept his fate. Because it could've been prevented had he been there few moments ago.

He wondered what more would he lose ? What more destiny will take away from him like always ? But if fate really takes away what he has left one more time, he won't be able to live.

"Arjun ?" Yudhishthir called coming inside with the rest of the Pandavas and Draupadi.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

Arjun be like -

Suna Hai Ke Woh Tod Dete Hai Dil Toh
Humein Tootne Ki Bhi Aadat Bahut Hai

😢😢😢😢😢😢