CHAPTER 50

It was early morning, Madhu came inside the tent of Syamantaki to check on her and was surprised to find the princess sleeping on the ground.

"Syamantaki ? Syamantaki ?" Madhu shook her, causing her slumber to break.

She sat up rubbing her eyes, as Madhu looked at her worriedly.

"Syamantaki, what is the matter ? It seems you are punishing yourself." Madhu said.

"In absence of Mata Sita, Bhagwaan Ram Chandra also slept on the ground." Syamantaki said standing up.

"Because Bhagwaan Ram sent his beloved to the forest, who have you sent to the forest that you are acting like this ?" Madhu asked.

"Unknowingly I too did the same." Syamantaki whispered.

"What ?" Madhu asked.

"Nothing. Please make arrangements for my morning routine." Syamantaki said.

"As you say." Madhu nodded and left.

-- TIMESKIP --

"Great souls, that Tapasvi is not engaged in his penance now. You all can establish yourself in that Tapovan once again." Syamantaki said.

"Rajkumari, how do we convey our thanks to you ?" One sage asked.

"By allowing me to serve you." Syamantaki said.

"You are blessed Rajkumari." Another sage said.

"Now if you would come with us, we shall escort you to the Tapovan." Syamantaki said.

The sages looked at each other and then nodded agreeing to that. They walked ahead and Syamantaki followed them behind with a few soldiers and maids.

"Syamantaki, your footwear ?" Madhu asked.

"I cannot wear them." Syamantaki said walking barefoot.

"But why ?" Madhu asked.

"Consider this as my austerity." Syamantaki said.

Suddenly her eyes fell on the some flowers, the Himalayan roses which were yellow on the inside and red on the outside.

Seeing them she remembered the incident cherished by her soul.

Mind telling your name ?" He asked.

"Rukmika." She said.

"This is for you Rajkumari Rukmika." Arjun said handing her red rose.

"Thank you." She blushed taking it.

"Anything for a beautiful maiden like you." Arjun said.

Syamantaki smiled going to the bush and plucking a bunch of the Himalayan rose. Soon they all reached the tapovan, which was not as heated as it was yesterday. It had cooled down a lot since the last day.

And there stood Arjun, who apologized to the sages for causing them much inconvenience. The great souls in return praised his capability of performing severe austerities.

"Great souls, I have caused you much inconvenience but still my penance is left. Therefore I shall go upward in the Himalayas and continue my penance." Arjun said.

"May Mahadev bless you." The sage said.

Arjun bowed to him and then left, Syamantaki kept looking at him and then called Madhu.

"What happened Syamantaki ?" She asked.

"Madhu, I am going behind that Tapasvi and don't follow me. I will be back soon." Syamantaki said.

"Alright." Madhu nodded.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

What a coincidence.... The Himalayan rose has the colours of this book's theme ❤️💛❤️💛