Chapter 1: Not who it seems

Start from the beginning

"I can't Lord Beerus, you know it cause.."

"Still, take me there."

"What's going on?!" Goku ask, "If it's trouble you have us to help."

"Whis!"

They were teleported to a strange planet. Beerus shot up into the air, Goku and Vegeta struggling to keep up with him. Whis stay on the ground, looking up in the air at the trio, "Be careful Lord Beerus. Don't forget what happened last time you two cross paths."

Beerus speed up even fast, going to the point of that energy. His demeanor unlike his usual state, Goku ready himself to fight with whatever it is, if Beerus is worried then she should be as well. They then saw a strange looking orbs floating outside the atmosphere, it hum and wizz, lightning crackling off of it.

A beam shot down that them, which they dodge.

"What is that? Some kinda space vessel."

Another beam shot that them, which was much wider than the one from before. It send them crashing down crashing to the planet below, Goku got up brushing himself off.

"You know I was expecting that to hurt. It didn't."

Vegeta shot up from his creater, "Who dare fire at me, Vegeta." He then zoomed up towards the light at a blinding speed, he then unleashed a volley of Ki. The hail of attacks land on an invisible shield, which shock the Prince Sayian. "Impossible!" He cried out.

Meanwhile up in space, Beerus meets up with the individual responsible sudden tear in space. He floats before the hole readying himself to duel, "Come on, it been far too long. Ready for another round, this beat down won't be like last time."  But he wasn't ready for what he saw. The speed at which the being came at him, grabbing Beerus by his ears and sending him to the ground below.

Goku jump up, attempts to catch Beerus, but the force was too much, so it send him back down as well.

Vegeta look to the energy source, he made out silhouette, a humanoid shape, grinning, he blasted the creature. It block the attack withan energy shield, then return its own, a radius so wide he had no choice but to tank it. It didn't scratch him, he scoff, "Is that all you-" he got clock by the figure, it close the distance so fast didn't even saw it coming.

It then flew under him, punching him in the back, grab his neck then blast him with it's laser. This time it burn, just a little, it eyes glowed a sickly purple, then blast him again but holding on to the Sayian neck, roasting him alive.

Goku saw this, gently lay Beerus down, and flew up to the being, his hair shifted gold, "Let go of my my friend-" he got smacked in the gut, it then return Vegeta, then back to Goku, again to Vegeta.

Down on the ground, Beerus rub his cheek, he was confused. The attack knocked him back, but it didn't hurt, it felt like nothing, it was like a baby slapping him. He was angry, angry that whatever that thing was, simply wasn't the beast he had anticipated. "You, you scum!" The Sayian drop down beside him unconscious, then the figure float down. It was green skin, a kin to that of a Namekian, with  purple accent, three circle glow on it forehead, it was a machine.

"Creature, where am I?" It ask the God of destruction.

Who responded in kind, "I am Beerus, God of Destruction. And you shall address me as such."

"You are a god? I don't believe such."

Beerus scowl, then lunge at him with a powerful punch, the being try to catch it, but the God of Destruction rip right through, he then follow up with another punch, which send it flying to the sky.

The energy source was dwindling while the two beings fought. The entity try to push Beerus off of it to escape, it was pulled back, and was slug out by the god of destruction.

Pieces of it getting rip off with each attack, they were being reform in an instant, but it pay Beerus no mind, until he grab it flinging the thing on to a planet a great distance away from the energy source.

"I came here, expecting a duel unlike any other." Beerus chase after, blasting at the planet, destroying it, which the thing survived, "But instead, I go an insect, bugging me" he charged up a Ki blast, which the thing follow up with lasers that didn't affect the god at all. "You will be erased for waking me up!" It energy beam rip the thing apart, tearing it to shreds.

Beerus dust his hands, and yawn, "Know your place." He then float back towards the planet where Whis stood.

Whis looked at his master, who didn't seem to have suffer any major damage. "Back already Lord Beerus?"

"Don't worry about it, it wasn't him."

"Who was it then?"

"It doesn't matter. Now take us to earth, I am hungry."

Waving his staff, "Sure thing Lord Beerus, plus those two can use some R&R"

They left.

In space, fragments float in the absolutely emptiness of space. A small piece land on a planet, where an alien creature ate it. Not to long it cried out in pain, then out come the creature once more, a bit smaller than before.

"So, Beerus, God of Destruction. You wouldn't be the first god I have face. Most certainly be the last. But for now, I Brainiac, shall seek that power source that is exclusive to this universe." Brainiac then grow tentacles from his body, absorbing the biomass around him, clumping it together, "But first, I must aquire a suitable body that can sustain my being." He made a makeshift bioship out of the mass, then rocket off.