47

Third Person PoV

TEN YEARS LATER

"Reginald. Pick up your sword and do it again." Reginald looks at his mother, Gisele, while trying even to breathe.

"What? Do you want to say something? Your sisters manage to complete their training. But you were too busy playing around with your pet to care. This is part of your punishment. Pick up your sword and continue to swing for two hundred times." Reginald shakes his head no before sighing hard.

"No- I'm done. I can't. Please, don't force me to train. I'm tired, and I want to rest." Gisele raised an eyebrow before walking up to her son.

"You're tired? Really? Why would you be tired when you didn't even do anything? Did you study? No. Did you follow your sisters attending any official meeting with your mother? I don't think so. Oh- did you go to the knights' training field like you were supposed to? Again, I don't think you did. All you ever did was go to the city's tavern and hit on girls." Gisele sighed.

"You know what, you don't have to learn swordsmanship. Just do whatever you want. I don't care." Gisele turns her back to Reginald before leaving the field.  Reginald watched her mother walk away and wondered if Gisele would stop forcing him to learn useless things like wielding swords.

"That's my first time seeing your mother storm off like that. What did you say to her?" Reginald slowly turned around to see Calypso walking up to him together with his sisters.

"I want to do my own thing. Is that wrong? I never wanted to be part of the knights. I want to live my life according to my desire. Why does mom always force me to take sword lessons?" Calypso looks down at the sword that's on the floor and sighs.

"All your mother wanted to do is teach you how to protect yourself. Has she ever said she wants you to join the knights?" Reginald shakes his head.

"No, but the way she forces me to do hundreds of strokes every day tells me she does." Calypso shakes her head.

"Your sisters managed to complete theirs. Why can't you?" Reginald opens and closes his mouth, but he has nothing to say.

"Well, they both wanted to take over the dukedom once they're old enough. I don't want any of this. I want to do my own thing." Calypso hummed.

"Then tell me what sort of things you wish to do? Hooking up with girls from the tavern and promising them all sorts of things? Did you think I wouldn't know what is going on, Reggie?" Reginald keeps his head low.

"What's the big problem? Mommy, you used to be a courtesan. Why is everyone making a deal out of what I do?" Both Evangeline and Rochelle glared at their brother.

"Oh- so you wish to be a courtesan? That could be arranged. Why didn't you say anything in the first place?" Reginald keeps his head low.

"Your mother and I have never stopped the three of you from doing what you want. But that doesn't mean you can do things that could make your parents look bad. Playing around with women from the tavern is something we're not happy about, Reggie. You're only fifteen years old. Could you at least wait until you're older to do such things?" Reginald didn't dare to say anything back to Calypso.

"Apologise to your mother. She may look like she doesn't care, but deep down, she does. Besides, your mother was only trying to help you. Learning using a sword has a lot of benefits. Of course, you wouldn't know anything since you never listen to anything she said." Calypso decided to leave the triplets as she went to see if Gisele was alright.

Rochelle and Evangeline waited until their mother left the field before they grabbed hold of Reginald's ears.

"What is wrong with you?! If you wish to die that badly, say so! That could be arranged." Evangeline sighed as she released her finger from Reginald's ear.