21

Gisele's PoV

    THE BORDER

    "Is everyone alright?" I asked the garrison leader, who being attacked by the enemy soldier.

    "Commander!" The captain saluted when he saw me walking towards the camp.

    "Reporting! Fortunately, we have no casualty, but several of our knights were injured from the attack." That's good news. This garrison has been in the way for the enemy to March forward into the empire. Luckily we finally managed to recruit a genius strategist like Catherine.

    "Was there any movement from the enemy after the recent attack?" The captain shook his head no.

    "There has been no movement, sir. Where are you going?" The captain asked when I walked towards the gate.

    "I'm going to see if I could spot the enemy's camp." I smiled before walking up to the scouting tower. One of the knights on duty gave me a binocular, and I began to find any sign from the enemy.

    Rose told me that I should make sure the garrison is strong enough to withstand any attack while the negotiation is still ongoing. The garrison is important to keep the enemy at bay.

    "Oh- it seems the enemies are close by." How many are they? Why would they camp out near the garrison while giving their location away? Is this a trap the enemy had place for me? They may have predicted my arrival as soon as I heard that the garrison was attacked, but- this is plain stupid. I guess it's only polite of me to accept their bait, right?

    "Keep on a lookout. The enemy is planning something, and we should get ready." The knights nodded their heads before I walked down the stairs and met up with the captain again.

    "I'll be going to the enemy camp alone." The captains and the others who came with me were shocked when I said that.

    "No! Commander- that's unacceptable! It would be best if you didn't go alone. Bring some of our best men with you. I volunteer!" I shake my head no.

    "The others will be a hindrance for me. This is not my first mission alone. I've been through many situations where I have to put my life at stake. I'll be back soon." I said while removing my heavy armor.

    "You won't be wearing your armor?!" The captain asked.

    "No. The famous is heavy, and I need to be as stealthy as possible." I smiled before strapping my dagger and sword around my waist.

    "On second thought- give one of your swords to me. It would be easier to kill everyone with two swords at hands." The captain gave his sword before trying to convince me once again.

    "Calm down." I smiled before asking the knights to open the gate for me.

    LATER THAT DAY,

    I am currently standing in the middle of the enemy's camp, smiling at my 'artwork.' I thought they were trained soldiers, but they're far from being a talented ones.

    "You're a monster! My soldiers- they're nothing but commoners who volunteer for the hood of this country, and yet here you are, killing their dreams. How am I supposed to explain their death to their family? How are their wife and children continue to survive without them?! Where were your decency as a human being?!" I turned to the one in charge of this camp with a smile.

    "Oh- did you think I would let you live? Why should I care? It was your king who asked for this. I'm only doing what I thought best for my country. Their background doesn't concern me." The leader spits, and it almost landed on my shoe.