36

Gisele's PoV

    "Are you alright?" Calypso asked as she walked into the bedroom where Gisele cleaned her wound. Gisele tries to hide that it hurt, but Calypso knows it better.

    "I'm fine. What about you? How did the doctor's visit go? Did the witch say anything?" Calypso shakes her head no.

    "I am more worried about you. Are you sure you're alright?" I nodded.

    "Of course I'm alright. Why wouldn't I be? This is nothing. Compared to what you're going through, it's a breeze. I'm sorry. I didn't-" Calypso smiled.

    "Please do not apologize for anything. Rose told me that she would hold our wedding in the throne hall. Don't you think that's a bit over the top?" I shake my head no.

    "It's the wedding of the grand duchess. It doesn't matter. As long as we're happy." Calypso chuckled.

    "Anyway, should I be doing something? Is it alright for us to let the empress plan everything?" I nodded my head.

    "It should be alright. How about we go somewhere, just the two of us? What do you think of this idea?" Calypso shrugged her shoulder.

    "Where do you have in mind?" I shrugged.

    "The beach? I heard there's a beach open recently by a noble family. The view is quite amazing, is what they said." I suggested. Calypso didn't like the idea, but she agreed to go with me.

    "If it's such a bother, we can go around the capital city and shopping for new clothes. Or perhaps we should buy the baby's things too. What do you think of this idea?" Calypso smiled.

    "Why don't we do both?" With her condition, I don't think we could do anything that will put a strain on her body.

    "Doing both will tire you out. Why don't we go shopping?" Calypso nodded.

    "Should I inform Norman? Or will it be alright for us to go alone? But what if something happens? At least Norman could help us. It's not like I underestimate your ability, but I think it's best if you focus on me than worrying about everything." Calypso suggested, which made perfect sense.

    "Should we go now, or should we go tomorrow? It's been a while since I went shopping. Do you think anything will fit me?" I smiled.

    "We'll find something that will fit. Don't worry. I heard there's a lot of clothes made for pregnant mothers." Calypso chuckled.

    "I hope you're not trying to make me feel better." I shake my head no.

    "Nope. I'm telling you the truth."

    [THE FUTURE- COUNTRY XX]

    Third Person PoV

    A woman woke up from her slumber after going through a night of hell with her brother and sister. The woman would look at the time and wonder if her siblings had already woken up.

    "Rochelle, are you awake?" The woman groaned as she got up from her bed and went to the door. As she opened the door, the woman noticed her brother, Reginald bringing a plate of breakfast for her.

    "Reggie, what's all this?" The man smiled.

    "I thought you would want to have something to eat after last night's mission. You were beaten half to death by our target. Luckily Evangeline managed to get a clear headshot before the target did anything more to you." The woman thanked her brother and opened the door.

    "Would you please place it on the table? I want to brush my teeth." The man nodded and went inside the room. He waited until his sister came back to the room.

    "Where's Evangeline?" The man sat with his sister.

    "Evangeline went out to get some groceries. It turns out that most of the food in the fridge has expired." The woman sighed before she ate her breakfast.

    "That explains why there's only eggs and baked beans on the plate. Our last mission takes a lot of time for us to complete. I bet the agency isn't happy to know that it took quite a while for us to complete it. Did they call?" The man shakes his head.

    "I'm sure they will try to reach out to us by today. Even though we completed the mission, the agency will probably question us why it took so long." Both the woman and man sighed at the thought.

    The woman continued to eat her breakfast while the man watched as his sister enjoyed the little feast.

    "Rochelle, will we be able to get out from such harsh life if we try?" The woman looks up to her brother and smile.

    "I can't answer that, Reggie. It's hard since the agency had taken us in after our parents abandoned us. The agency is the reason why we survive such a harsh world too. If we try to escape from them, we have betrayed the hands that feed us." The man sighed.

    "Does that mean we have to keep killing others to survive? Why can't we have a happy ending like our parents? Why did they throw us away to have another kid? Is it because we're triplets?" The woman sighed.

    "It was a mistake for us to find our parents. I shouldn't have gone through with it if I knew this is how you and Evangeline would feel." The man looks down at his thigh.

    "At this point, we shouldn't be thinking of our parents. Look at how far we become just being on our own? We manage to live in the city's most expensive apartment building, and we have a somewhat stable job. We get to travel the world and not to mention the amount of time we rode on a private jet. Even though we have to take someone else's life, we could enjoy what it gets us." The man sighed before he apologized to his sister.

    "Stop apologizing. I think Evangeline is home. You should help her with the grocery." The man nodded before taking the empty plate with him. The woman leaned back to her seat while watching the scenery from her bedroom.

    The woman thinks how lucky it would be to enjoy this view with the person she loves, but because of the nature of her work, it would be hard for her to find someone to live her life with.

    The woman stood up from her seat and went to the alcohol decanter inside her room. As she poured herself a glass, she could bear the commotion outside her room. Curious, the woman decided to see what the noise was all about.

    "Ah, Rochelle. It's nice of you to be joining us. Come and sit with your siblings." Rochelle quickly tied her robe when she noticed an agent from the agency.

    "I heard what happened at your last mission, and I'm happy to announce that the agency will compensate your time and double your pay for a job well done. I'm happy that I made the right decision in taking you three under my wing, and I have to say I do enjoy being praised for your hard work." The woman looks at her siblings before smiling at the agent.

    The blonde woman smiled at her sister and said,

    "Does that mean we could have a vacation day?" The agent chuckled.

    "Oh, Evangeline. Well, I can't say it's a vacation because I am here because of your next mission. But don't worry, it's a simple mission, and you get to enjoy yourself while at it too." The agent smiled.

    "We don't mind. It doesn't matter if we have any vacation time or not. We're happy to pay our debt by working for the agency. It's the least we could do when you raise us." The agent smiled.

    "Oh Rochelle, don't be too serious. After all, you did just some great things too. Anyway, your next mission is quite simple. You have to pretend to be a certain gentleman's grandchildren as he travels oversea for a gathering. The gentleman is willing to pay top dollar if this mission is successful." The siblings nodded their heads as the agent explained every little detail of their next mission.

    "We understand." The agent smiled.

    "See- I told you that the next mission sounds like a vacation. But of course, you need to make sure that our client is safe. That's is all." The woman and her siblings nodded their heads.

    After explaining the details, the agent decided to leave the siblings and return to the agency. As he entered his car, he was shocked to see his superior waiting for him inside.

    "How did it go?"

    "Don't worry, boss. I had explained the details of the mission to the siblings. Once they're on their way to the designated country with our client, our team will proceed with the site plan. And that is to kill them all and make it look like an accident." The agent smiled while his boss remained calm.

    "Good. I want them dead. There's no point in keeping those who want to leave the moment they have the chance. We don't need them anymore." The agent nodded before he started to drive away.

    THE REALM OF DEATH

    "Where am I?"

    Rochelle wonders to herself as she tries to comprehend her current situation. The last memory she had was inside the plane. And while she was adjusting her seat, she heard a familiar ticking sound. The last she did was reach for her siblings before everything went black.

    "Rochelle? Is that you? Where are you?!"

    "Reginald? Is Evangeline with you?!" Rochelle raised her voice while looking around frantically for her brother and sister.

    "Yea! Evangeline is with me. What happened to us? Are we dead? But how come we're here altogether?" Reginald grabbed hold of Evangeline's hand and tried to find Rochelle.

    "Rochelle? Say something. We're coming towards you."

    "I'm here! I don't know where I am- everything seems to be the same. I'm waving my hands right now. Can you see me?" Reginald looked around, but he couldn't see anyone other than hearing Rochelle's voice.

    "Child, don't be scared. You'll meet your sister soon." Reginald and Evangeline were shocked when they heard a voice echoing around them. It didn't take long for them to notice Rochelle was walking in front of them.

    "Rochelle!" Rochelle turned around to see her siblings running towards her.

    "You guys! I'm so glad to see you two. Are you alright? It doesn't look like we hurt ourselves from the blast." Evangeline turned to her brother and said,

    "We died, Rochelle. That's the only plausible explanation for how we get ourselves unscathed. We-" Evangeline stopped midway of explaining the situation when she saw a man dressed in white suddenly descend from the sky.

    "Hello." The man smiled before introducing himself as Tristan. Instinctively Reginald grabbed hold of Rochelle and used his body as a shield.

    "Who are you?" Reginald asked.

    "I am Tristan, and I'll be your guardian for the time being." The siblings were confused.

    "It seems you're confused. Let me explain. Not long ago, something happened to the three of you, and because of that, you're here. I was given the task to guide you through the afterlife. But it seems luck is on your side because your souls are allowed to be rebirth." Rochelle seems to get the meaning behind Tristan's words.

    "You mean to say we have a chance for reincarnation?" Tristan nodded his head.

    "Is it possible to wish what kind of life we want this time?" Tristan hummed.

    "Let me hear your wish." The siblings look at each other.

    "We want to be love. We want our parents to accept us, and we want to live happily. We wish for happiness, and we never have to worry about what kind of meal we should have the next day. Is that possible?" Tristan smiled.

    "Everything is possible. But of course, every wish has its type of payment. Are you willing to continue with your wish?" The siblings nodded.

    "The so be it. Reginald, Rochelle, Evangeline, as your guardian, I wish you all the best, and may you all be blessed with happiness."Tristan raised his staff before stabbing the ground with it.