7

Third Person PoV

After Rona was released from the labyrinth, she decided to leave the dark hallways and wished to meet her descendent. But as soon as she meets Gisele, who was said to be her child, Rona seems disappointed.

"What?" Gisele asked when she noticed her supposedly birth mother keep staring at her.

"You haven't awakened your powers and continue to grow old- how am I supposed to react when I know this? That only means that your human blood is dominant. You only possessed my strength and not my powers. It seems my bloodline will come to an end." Gisele scoffed.

"Don't be such a bitch. I can ask a witch or warlock to put me a spell to be a man and impregnate my lover or something. Perhaps I could make the courtesan over there be my date for the night if you're willing to pay." Calypso, who was supposed to be a mediator, smiled at the duo.

"Why am I included in this conversation? Gisele, please be respectful, although your mother is a demon. And Rona, don't be disappointed, your bloodline is here, and she will find a way to continue it. Don't be sad. Besides, this woman is a half-blood; she will live long if she manages to keep her head attached to her body." Calypso tried to make the situation less awkward.

"We need to find a way for you to awaken your powers. That's the only way left." Rona reached out for Gisele's hand while she ate.

"Damn it! That was a good piece of meat! Listen, there's no need for me to awaken anything. I'm already unstoppable. Do you know how many life's I've ended for the past few years? The devil probably looks at me while shaking his head!" Rona sighed.

"I don't think your grandfather would shake his head, though. That bastard has probably been whispering into your ears and poisoned your mind with dark thoughts every single day." Gisele, we're speechless for a second.

"What did you say, old woman? My grandfather is the devil?!" Gisele laughed in denial.

"If this continues, you might say I could travel back and forth from the underworld to the world of the living. Come on, old woman. Stop making stories up." Gisele shakes it off as she continues to it. Even though she tried to hide it, it's visible as she continues to act like she doesn't care.

Rona watched as Gisele's hands began to shake.

"You showed some fear knowing that you're related to the devil. Why? Do you believe in God?" Gisele shakes her head no.

"Good. Because it would be weird for a demon to pray to God." Rona chuckled.

"But why does your expression change knowing that fact?" Gisele looks up to Rona.

"I was abandoned. What happened the day I was born? Why did my father leave me in the middle of a forest?" Rona leaned back to her seat as she poured himself a glass of animal blood.

"A lot of things happened on the day you were born. Not only your father was hunted down by hunters but also your grandfather's soldiers. It's safe to say that the devil doesn't like it when one of his offspring decides to have a child with a human. But don't worry about the hunters. Rose manage to bring peace between creatures and human. What do you call one of those; peace treaties? Any hunters who are not affiliated with the crown will receive severe punishment. Killing or capturing creatures is now illegal thanks to the current empress." Gisele scoffed.

"But you were imprisoned in the labyrinth." Rona wiggled her finger.

"Oh no, no- it was my choice to live in the dark labyrinth. Who would have thought that Kian would ask this beautiful lady to find me in the labyrinth." Calypso smiled at the duo.

"Why did you let yourself in the labyrinth? Why didn't you try to find me? Do you know how bad it was when my caretaker was killed? Why didn't you step up as my mother and take me in?" Rona doesn't know how to act motherly when Gisele gets serious.

"Because I can't. But as I continue to live in that dark hallways all by myself, I think it would be nice to have someone to live with. I've been telling the empress and the prince about my desire to see my child. And here we are having this conversation." Gisele slammed her hands on the table.

"Why can't you do that earlier? Did you think I would be affected when people know that I'm a demon child? Those people out there called and gave me a lot of nicknames because I have no parents. Have you ever thought of me for all those years and how your action affected me? What do you expect me to do now that you're here?" Rona kept a nonchalant look.

"Do you expect a demon to be affected by those words? Please. My birth mother hated me enough and threw me a couple of times in a pit of hellfire. I never thought I would say this, but I'm sorry. I know I should come sooner, but I was a coward and stupid." Gisele kept a cold gaze towards Rona before sighing hard.

"You need to make it up for me. You have no choice but to say yes since you ruined my childhood. What kind of mother are you?" Gisele clicked her tongue in annoyance. Rona laughed.

"You're indeed my child. Tell me your desire- I shall fulfill it." Rona gave her daughter such a devilish smile.

"I want to win this war and provide a better future for Goterra." Rona raised an eyebrow.

"Do whatever you think is wise for me to awaken whatever power hidden in this body of mine. Give me limitless power to trample my enemies. I want-," Rona raised her hand.

"That seems to be a hard request for you to make. Even if I ruined your childhood, I need to benefit from such a huge request." Gisele sighed.

"I will find a way to continue your bloodline. Isn't that why you're here in the first place?" Rona chuckled.

"Give me lots of little demon babies if you must."

"Say that to the person who is going to birth them. Anyway, about my request-" Rona sighed.

"Alright, alright. I heard your request." Rona placed her thumb under her chin before smiling at Gisele and Calypso.

"It's time for us to visit the underworld." Gisele and Calypso look at each other.

IN THE MEAN TIME

"Why do you look so sad?" Rona asked when Gisele had been sighing for the past couple of minutes.

"It would be too hard for Calypso's to as we traveled to the underworld. It's different for you since you're half-demon. Don't be too sad. The trip doesn't take that long." Gisele sighed once again as she watched Rona drawing some pentagram on the labyrinth floor.

"I have never seen you eat anything. Don't you have to eat some raw meat or something to survive?" Rona laughed.

"What do you think I am? A vampire? Or perhaps werewolves? I am not as weak as those so-called creatures of the night. A demon could continue living without eating, and we don't have to drink blood to survive. We drink blood the same as humans drink alcohol. I can go a whole century without eating, not drinking." Gisele hummed.

"How old are you? Like your real age." Rona finally stands up from the floor and stare at Gisele.

"I've been living for almost five thousand years." Gisele's eyes widen.

"And you never marry anyone before meeting my father?" Rona nodded.

"Wow- you must be that bad in bed, huh." Gisele laughed at her mother before Rona threw a rock at her.

"I was busy, alright. Having a child was not in my plan. But that was before I met your father. Now, do your mother a favor and stand in the middle of this pentagram." Gisele hummed before she did as told.

"I still can't believe my father would sleep with someone as old as you. You must be all wrinkly without the spells and magic." Gisele continues to make fun of Rona.

"Gisele- don't make me hurt you." Gisele raised both hands in surrender. Rona sighed as she chanted some spell in demonic language. Gisele was surprised to see that the ground she was standing on started to rumble and move.

Rona grabbed Gisele's hand and continued to chant until the pentagram lit up. Gisele looks at her surroundings and wonders where this place is.

"This is not the labyrinth. Where are we?"

"The devil's castle," Rona said before sighing hard.

"I still got it. It's been a while since I used magic. It won't be long until someone recognize my magic. That bastard is probably having fun in his chamber." Rona grabbed Gisele's hand and led her away from the pentagram.

"See- I told you someone rapidly recognizes my magic." Rona smiled at the servants who came into the room.

"Lady Rona?!" The servants were shocked to see Rona of everyone in the Devil's castle.

"It's good to be back. Who is available right now?" Rona asked the servants while they wondered who Gisele was.

"This human- she is alive. Milady, what's the meaning of this? And why are the human looks like- oh no," Rona smiled.

"This girl is my daughter." The servants were surprised.

"Hey! Enough with the gasping and shocking looks. I want to know who is available right now." The servants nodded before apologizing to their lady.

"Master is available." Rona looks at the servant with a skeptical look.

"Are you joking with me? Why would the master be available at a time like this? Aren't he supposed to ravage another innocent girl in his chamber?" The servants keep their heads low.

"The master is currently in the throne room with his new wife. Believe it or not, the master is doing his job. If not, the new wife will make him pay for lazing around and take advantage of young girls in the castle." Rona laughed as loud as she could.

"That bastard finally manages to find himself a decent wife? Is my stepmother available? I rather meet her that my-" Rona tilted her head to see her father standing by the archway.

"Ah, the devil himself is here to see us." Gisele seems confused as to who Rona was referring to. When she turned to the archway, she didn't see anyone.

"Ah- you're using perception spell? Why? Aren't you going to show your granddaughter your face?" Gisele, we're surprised to see a man suddenly appear before her eyes.

"Oh- I thought you were looking like a lizard or something. I didn't know you have a face." The devil raised his eyebrow.

"A lizard? Is that what humans think I look?" Gisele nodded.

"Sometimes they thought you look like a goat. I don't know how but the humans said some people met you when you were a goat." The devil sighed.

"I see humans continue to have a wild imagination. And why would I let myself be seen by lesser beings? It's probably the minions or the prisoners who manage to escape." The devil turned to Rona.

"You finally came back? Why?" Rona shrugged.

"No reason. I want to see if the witches in the devil's castle can help my child awaken her hidden power." The devil turned to Gisele.

"That wouldn't be a problem." The devil was reaching out when Rona grabbed his hand.

"Someone needs to teach her how to control herself. If you awaken her power without proper training, this child will die. She is half-human." The devil hummed.

"That is why I told you to stop falling in love with that human. But did you listen to a word I said? No!" Rona clicked her tongue in annoyance.

"Shut up. I heard you have a new wife? Is she better than my mother?" The devil nodded.

"Way better and perfect. It's too bad you didn't witness your stepmother end your mother's life. It was exciting." The devil chuckled.

"Oh- my mother is dead? I should have spit on her corpse before you burn her crisp." Rona continues to converse with her father and requires the information she needs before leading Gisele to a witch's tower.

"Let's just hope everything goes well from now on."