45

Third Person PoV

Vargan watched as the triplets had tea with him. He wonders how mature they've become just five years after their birth.

"You guys- I have never found a five-year-old child who likes to drink tea and study so much like the three of you. And even geniuses have some trouble understanding such complex lessons. But the three of you had completed your basic lesson. I was known as a talented child when I was your age, but I am never at this level. It's almost like you've lived way before your birth." With the number of times the triplets heard such words utter by adults, they learned how to act naturally.

Except when their mother, the grand duchess, began to be suspicious, then they became quite docile because the triplets knew how keen their mother's perception could be.

"Do you truly believe that, sir Vargan?" Vargan shrugged his shoulder.

"I'm a demon. I've seen a lot of things inform right in front of me. What I'm saying was just my deduction. So please don't take it seriously. I-" Vargan's train of thoughts was interrupted when Philip and Kiera walked into the room.

Vargan wished to step away for a moment, but it was too late for him to act when Kiera and Philip have arrived at their table.

"I've been looking all over for you. The lesson is about to start, and don't tell me you're skipping again. Philip will be joining us today." Kiera smiled, but Philip remained nonchalant as he turned his eyes to Vargan.

"I'm babysitting the triplets at the moment. I'll be there once I find a servant to take care of them." Kiera waved at the triplets.

"Why not just bring them with us? They will love today's lesson for sure. It's about imperial politics. What do you kids think? Want to join us?" The triplets nodded their head before begging Vargan to bring them with him. Vargan sighed and followed the children's wishes.

As Kiera and Philip take the lead, Vargan and the children follow from behind. Reginald noticed how Vargan continued to make a large space between him and Kiera as they got to the library.

"Reggie, you don't have to walk beside me. Go with your siblings." Reginald shakes his head before holding Vargan's hand with his.

"The princess is not worthy of having you, Sit Vargan. You're kind and always there for us when we need you. The princess is better off with Sir Philip. I'm sure you'll find someone better soon." Vargan didn't expect Reginald to be so adult-like.

"Do you understand what I'm going through?" Reginald nodded his head.

"What Sir Vargan thought earlier is true. My sisters and I were given a chance to reincarnate. We remember our previous life. Well, if I can say that. Because the world we live in before was way into the future in which dragons and magic don't exist. Science and technology were part of our life, and we were killed by someone whom we trusted with our life. Does that answer the curiosity about us?" Vargan was speechless to respond.

Rochelle and Evangeline were surprised when Reginald decided to tell the truth to Vargan.

"Reggie! Why would you say that?! I thought we agreed to hide that we're from the future from anyone in this world, including our parents!" Rochelle was calm by Evangeline. To avoid being heard by anyone else, they decided to put the conversation on hold.

"Vargan, are you alright?" Kiera asked when she noticed Vargan didn't say much like he used to. Kiera begins to wonder if it's because she brought Philip with her. But Vargan was too immersed in knowing more about the triplets.

"Vargan?" Vargan finally snapped out of it and smiled at Kiera.

"I'm alright. I'm probably too tired from running errands for Rona for the past few days. Since Lazarus decided to walk down and let Rona takes over his place, there's to be a lot of work to do." Vargan's eyes then turned to Philip.