43

Gisele's PoV

  "Elfie is dead."

  I never thought I would have heard such news, ever. Elfie was such a vibrant and brave soldier who didn't care about anything but make me proud of him. But how did this strong soldier manage to die in the hands of a woman he loves with his heart?

  "Elfie, how could you be so dumb. That woman you talked about only sees you for your money and title. She never once loves you for who you are." I know I shouldn't say such things at a dear friend's funeral, but everyone needs to know that the killer is among us.

  I turned my sight to the woman who stood beside Elfie's coffin and faked a cry every single time someone came to see Elfie for one last time.

  "It must be tiring for someone like you to fake a cry every single time. I can ask a maid or two to spray water on your face so that you could show how in love you are with Elfie." The woman was about to say something, but a man stopped her.

  "Oh- is that your new boyfriend? I didn't know you would work this fast to get another man to pay for your living expenses. You must be desperate to retain such lifestyles. I always wonder where all the money Elfie earned from his missions was. I guess I found the source." I could continue degrading this woman, but I am not that petty.

  "Elfie, I hope you're happier wherever you are. If only you had introduced me to this woman sooner, I could have saved you." I placed a moment of our friendship into Elfie's coffin and smiled.

  "Thank you for everything that you've done for me. Your contribution will never be forgotten." And your earnings from the expedition will be given to your ex-wife. Your child needs it more than this imbecile woman.

  I walked away from the coffin and stood at the corner of the room. I couldn't help but feel disgusted as that woman kept wiping her imaginary tears.

  "Stay here and watch over the funeral for me. I have some matters to deal with outside." Several fellow knights nodded their heads as I headed outside. As expected, there is a group of people waiting outside the house. And I'm sure they are not Elfie's friends.

  "What's your purpose coming to this funeral?" The uninvited seems surprised to see me. Did these imbeciles think I wouldn't come? Elfie is a dear friend of mine!

  "Are you looking to exploit the things in this house? Did that woman call you to come and auction every precious thing there?" None of the guys said anything. So it's true then?

  "I wonder if Elfie would mind if I kill anyone today. You see, I've been practicing self-control since I arrived at this funeral, but after seeing you guys, I don't think I can control myself anymore. You're tarnishing the ground with your presence which I have no tolerance for. Prepare to die." Instead of doing the evil deed myself, I should open the portal to hell and let the lesser demons deal with these bunch of inbred.

  I smiled before snapping my fingers. The guys were too confused to know what was happening around them as darkness loomed and dragged them to hell. I'm sure those demons are having the time right now.

  "What are you doing with the power I've given you?" That voice- it's my mother.

  "Taking out the trash. Why are you here? I thought you would be too busy playing with your grandchildren by this hour." My mother sighed.

  "I'm giving my last respect to Elfie. Why? Am I not invited?" That would be idiotic of me to say to this woman.

  "No. Please ignore what I've said. You may go inside." My mother hummed before she walked towards the house. Come to think of it; this is my first time visiting Elfie's home. I used to visit him at his former wife's, but this is something else. And I'm sure that woman inside has something to do with it.

  "I can't believe that Elfie is gone. It seems just yesterday that he taught me how to use a shield. Life is not fair sometimes." When did Norman arrive? I didn't even notice him.

  "Lady Gisele, aren't we going to catch that woman for killing him? I'm sure it wasn't a simple heart attack. Elfie is a healthy man with no sort of hidden disease. I think that woman poisoned him." I smiled before turning to Norman.

  "It's impossible to know without checking on his body. But don't worry, we'll find out the truth after the funeral. What's the point of being half-demon if I couldn't make use of gift?" The devil gave me something just before I went for the expedition five years ago.

  I never knew I would use it on my dear friend.

  "Does his former wife knows about his departure?" I nodded.

  "The former wife will only bring Elfie's child to see his grave. The only reason why Elfie left his wife was because of the woman inside. Elfie goes through great lengths to marry his wife before, and it is all ruined by that woman inside. I know Elfie regretted leaving his wife. But he's too great of a man to say it out loud. But his actions speak louder than words. Elfie is just stupid." Norman sighed.

  "I pity the child. Elfie could have watched his child grow into someone if he had worked hard to ignore that woman seducing him. Sometimes I wish I could smack his head for being such a dumb person." I don't think we should talk about the dead, though.

  Elfie deserves it. For what reason would you leave your wife for a woman that only looks at you for your money and title? That's stupid! And I hope you're regretting even your death.

  A FEW WEEKS LATER,

  After such a long day interrogating criminals in the palace, I thought I would have rest when I returned home. But that wasn't the issue here. I can't believe I came across my children talking among each other about how to make someone disappear!

  Does Calypso know about this? They're only five years old! How could they talk about something so serious while the maids look so calm?! Just what kind of hell did they go through watching those kids?

  "What are you thinking about? You didn't even notice me walking in." Calypso? Oh- I didn't even notice I was inside the chamber!

  "I saw- well, I heard something I shouldn't have. It makes me curious and scared at the same time." Calypso seems curious.

  "What is it?" I told calypso what I heard, and to my surprise, she didn't seem all that surprised like I am.

  "That's it? So that you know, the children are as innocent you think they are. After all, they're half-demon, and they know who Rona is. Those there even went to the underworld one time with Rona while you were away. At first, I was shocked, but at this point, it was a normal occurrence for me. Someone must have angered them if they talk about making someone disappear. And the maids are on their side most of the time." I- I am speechless.

  I thought I knew my kids, but I didn't.

  "Oh, come on- don't be discouraged. You have all the time in the world to know them. Why don't we start with breakfast? Have to clean yourself. We'll have breakfast together." Wait- breakfast?

  "Wait, time is it?" Calypso chuckled.

  "It's 7 in the morning. You've been working for the whole night. See how much time flies as you beat up criminals in the palace? I can see the bruises on your fist. You've been working hard finding information for the empress, huh?" There's nothing I can hide from my partner.

  "Those criminals are so hard to deal with. Luckily I manage to find the hidden poison in their mouth before they kill themselves. If not, I would be in so much trouble with Rose." I sighed as I removed my clothing before walking towards the bathroom.

  "But did you manage to get the information you're looking for?" I nodded before walking into the shower.

  "Yea, I did. Rose was pretty satisfied with my work. Anyway, I earn myself three days off. Why don't we plan our wedding since I have the time now." Calypso chuckled.

  "Did you think we could have it done in three days? That's so naive of you. Anyway, that's a start, I guess. At least we could choose the important part while you're here." It didn't take long for me to get out from the shower and grace Calypso with my naked body.

  "Does it hurt still?" She was referring to my scars.

  "Nope. But looking at the mirror does. It reminds me how little less I am as a woman. And yes, I know having breasts or not doesn't make any change." Calypso smiled.

  "But I have to say you look pretty handsome with short hair." I laughed.

  "I know. That's what people said as well." While drying my hair with a towel, I watched as Calypso stared at my back.

  "What? Do you like how plump my ass is?" Calypso rolled her eyes.

  "No. I was looking at the new wound on your back. It looks deep. What happened?" Oh- come to think of it, I didn't tell her that I almost died while joining the expedition.

  "Oh- that's an old thing?"

  "No- it's not old. It seems new. Did something happen at the expedition, and you didn't bother to tell me?" I- I think I'm in trouble.

  "Something did happen, but it's no big deal. It's just a scratch after all." Calypso sighed. Here comes the lecture.

  "A scratch, huh? I didn't know that a scratch would leave such a big gush. Please, next time, if you're going to lie to me, make up something foolproof. Otherwise, you'll make yourself look stupid." I apologize for my stupidity. I should have known better than to lie to this woman.

  Nothing good will ever happen if she finds out I lied to her.

  "I'm not angry. Just disappointed that you still think I won't be worried even if you didn't say anything about your injury." Wait- why is the medical aid box inside the bathroom in the first place?!

  "What are you going to do with that?" I asked as Calypso smiled at me.

  "What else? I'm going to clean it and place medicine on your wound. Don't tell me you're scared." I'm not, but the way Calypso looks at me is.

  "Babe, you're looking like a murderous woman right now. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hide the fact that I'm hurt from you. Please don't put any medicine on me. I'm begging you." Calypso smirked before pouring a whole bottle of medicine onto my back.

  "Calypso!" Calypso ignore my plea as she continue to torture me by pouring another bottle of medicine. I think my skin is burning right now and this woman is having the time of her life.

  "Oh- are you crying? Why would you cry right now? It's not even that painful, right?" This woman is such a sadistic person and I hate to admit it that I find it hot for some reason.

  "Alright. I think that's enough of torturing. Come with me." Calypso didn't even bother to ask for my opinion when she force me to sit on the marbling floor.

  "Next time, make it as your habit to tell what really happened to you. Soon we'll be married to each other. Don't lie to me ever again." I continue to apologise.

  "There. It's done. You should get ready for breakfast. I'll be waiting outside." I nodded as I get myself off the floor.

  I manage to avoid death once again. Luckily Calypso didn't turn demonic when she notice the wound.