27

Calypso's PoV

I woke up this morning to a man staring at me. At first, I was surprised, but the man turned out to be the devil.

"Let's have breakfast together." That was what the devil said. And that's how I ended up having breakfast with the devil in one of the VIP rooms.

"Aren't you going to eat anything?" The devil asked as I played with my food rather than eating them. I don't think I can eat anything while the devil is sitting before me.

"This food is delicious. I rarely eat something that is cooked, but I can do this much for today. Do you know why I'm here, Calypso Arvel?" I shake my head no.

"That's understandable. I'm here because of that." The devil pointed at my chest.

"Not your chest! Lower! The child in you- I'm here because of that." Oh- geez. I thought the devil was as pointing at-

"Did the witch explain the risk of bearing a demon child?" I nodded.

"And you still want to carry the child after knowing the risk? You're even stupid that the mistress then." Excuse me?

"It might be better for you to get rid of the child in you. Because you're not carrying one child- but three." Huh? What does that mean?

"Sir, this is not the time to be making fun of me." The devil doesn't seem like he's joking around as he continues to eat his food.

"Are you serious?! I'm carrying triplets?! How is that even possible?!" The devil shrugged his shoulder.

"Carrying one demon child in you is hard work. I couldn't imagine carrying three of those brats in you. As a human, you will die if you continue with this pregnancy. Unless you turn yourself into a demon, everything will be alright." The devil smiled.

"Why would the devil himself come to see me? Is there anything you want from me?" The devil smiled.

"I would like to have your soul. If you turn into a demon, you cannot use such a soul. Let me do the honors of changing you." I- I don't know what to say.

"This is about my life, and I am the one who will go through it. I-" I didn't get to say what I was about to say when Rona suddenly appeared behind the devil and grabbed his hair.

"Did you agree to give your soul to this bastard?" Rona asked while pulling the devil by the hair.

"Hey! That is not nice of you! I am your father! Show some respect!" Rona ignored the cry from the devil and continued to pull his hair back.

"No, I haven't. I was about to decline his offer." Rona finally let go of the Devil's hair and sighed in relief.

"Did he tell you about the child?" I nodded.

"I told the witch to refrain herself from speaking of it with anyone. But since the mistress asked for the details, I guess she has to disobey my orders. But who knows how did this bastard know about the triplets." The devil smiled.

"I have my ways. But what I told you is the truth. You will die if you decide to give birth to the babies as a human. You won't survive the process." I- I can do this. I know I can. I mean, they might get it wrong.

LATER THAT DAY,

"Is this the last batch of people?" I asked Norman, who brought several familiar faces to see me. Even though I told myself I would stay away room doing any work, I couldn't help it. There's so much Gisele could do for me.

"Yes, master." I glared at the men and women who thought they could lie to me and took my money right under my nose. Many things make me happy, and one of them is money.

"How many years has it been? After what I did for you guys- is this how you repay my kindness? Perhaps it's time for me to quit being kind to you because it doesn't matter even if I treat you like family. After years of working for me, what triggers you all to betray me like this?" I asked, but none of them dared to look up to me.

"What's the point of staring at the floor like that? I am here now- tell me why you decided to take what's mine." None of them dare to speak up.

"It's decided then- bring them to the gallows." I stood up from my seat and made my way towards the door.

"No! My family needs me." Oh- one of them decided to speak up.

"Family? So you're trying to say that because you have a family to feed, you have to steal from the person who gave you another chance at life? Is that how everyone sees me? Someone who you all could take advantage of? I may be kind to those who seem less fortunate, but that doesn't mean I'm easy to fool. I'm not an idiot." I watched as one of them decided to kowtow while asking for my mercy.

"Please, master- I begged you once again. Please spare my life because my family won't be able to survive without me. Please!" I clicked my tongue in annoyance. It has become a habit since I have often seen Gisele do the same.

"Kill them all!" I announced before walking out of the door.

"Inform their family that something unfortunate had happened while they were working. Compensate their family for their loss. After all, the only person who wronged me is the one inside that room." My secretary nodded her head as I walked past her.

"As you wish, master." That's settled.

"What time is it?"

"It's dinner time, master. Would you like me to prepare your food at the private annex?" I hummed.

"I would like to have my dinner inside the greenhouse. Has Gisele arrived yet?"

"Yes, master. Should I inform the dame that you'll be having your dinner at the greenhouse?" I hummed.

"Of course. I'll be waiting for the dame in the greenhouse."

THE NEXT DAY,

"What happened to you? Did you fight with coming home?" Gisele smiled before telling me about her day.

"Does it hurt? I heard that it's hard to fight off werewolves and vampires. How did you survive?" Gisele shrugged.

"Probably because I'm a demon. Anyway, how's your day? I heard you had quite a day too." I sighed.

"I did, but it's all been taken care of. I don't believe in second chances. They had betrayed me once- there's no doubt they will continue to do the same in the future if I give them another opportunity." Gisele doesn't seem to be affected by my ideals.

"I understand. If you need my help, tell me." I chuckled.

"Says the one who has bruises all over her face? You need to rest after dinner." Gisele was about to say no when I insisted. I know she's tired, but Gisele continues to act tough. If this continues, her body will shut down.

"I'm fine, though. When I was a mercenary, there was a time when I didn't sleep for a whole week. Of course, I look like a corpse by the end of the week, but it's all worth it." That sounds so wrong.

"Please don't do that ever again." Gisele laughed.

"Well, a war is coming, and I don't think no one will be able to sleep soundly. I heard Zora's crown prince had managed to find a way to recruit the lizardmen and evil warlocks. The empire has no chance of winning if the crown prince continues to lure people to his side." I thought the rumors were a lie.

"How will the empire face this? With demons?" Gisele shrugged her shoulders.

"My mother seems confident enough to win this war. I have no choice but to trust that old woman. Also, I heard the devil stares at you while you sleep? Should I decapitate that bastard? Don't worry, even if I cut his head off, he has a way to reattach it." I shake my head no.

"Please don't do that. The devil seems like someone who cares at first, but then I realized I'm talking to the devil himself." Gisele laughed.

"You thought a devil would be kind? How drunk are you?" At that point, I was too worried that I might do something stupid and offend the devil. But Rona came to the rescue and showed the devil, who's boss.

"Please don't make fun of me. Anyway, do you want another plate of food? It seems you're about to eat the plate." Gisele nodded before calling for the servants and ordering another plate of food. At least she still has her appetite.

I leaned back to my seat, and I watched the dame eats.

"Are you okay? You seem a bit tired yourself." I smiled.

"I'm fine. I need some rest, and I'll be fine." Does Gisele know that I might be carrying triplets? I wonder how she would react when she knows about it. I hope the witch's diagnosis is false because I don't see myself pushing three babies out of me.

"I'll be away starting from next week. It's time for me to go to the camp and deal with this war." I see- it's time.

"Alright. Be careful, and please come back alive. If you don't, I won't hesitate to find a way for the devil to bring you back and torture you." Gisele smirks.

"Is that so? I would love that." What the hell?!

ON THE SAME DAY,

"Good morning," I smiled at Gisele, who was lying on her side while she watched me sleeps. I begin to think you got your attitude from the devil." Gisele waved her hands no.

"I'm no devil. But I can be if that's what you want." Gisele winked before she got up from the bed and went to the bathroom. It always amazes me how muscular that woman is. I can't help but think of the night we joined together.

God, I missed it.

I got up from the bed and grabbed my robe before walking towards the balcony. I wonder how people will react to my pregnancy. The only people who know about it are people who work directly under me. Few people should know.

"Hey, don't you feel cold?" Gisele walked out of the bathroom and went to the balcony wearing a robe.

"Not really. Did you have enough rest?" Gisele nodded.

"I feel better already. Says. Do you want to have breakfast together?" I nodded.

"Should I call the servant and let them prepare our breakfast." Gisele shakes her head no.

"We're going to a tavern." Huh? A tavern?!

"There's a tavern in town with the best breakfast menu ever. I used to have to everyday when I was a student of the academy and while I was working as a mercenary. I don't know how to explain it but the food served there seems different. It's probably because Mr Liam was the one who introduce me to that place. I know you'll like it." I see- well, it's fine with me.

"Alright. Let me get ready." It's been years since I went to a tavern. I'm excited.