Chapter - 77

I stayed inside my room the rest of the day

I stayed inside my room the rest of the day. Mia brought my lunch and dinner. Literally, I felt like a prisoner. Valentina told me that she will inform me when the meeting gets over and then I can come out.  To get out of my boredom, I told her to grab a book from the library. At first, she was hesitant because her Don strictly ordered her not to move away from my room. But she finally agreed.

I almost finished reading it when the meeting got over. I checked the time. It was half-past ten. I felt really angry at Leonardo. He is ordering me as if I am his puppet. This shouldn't be entertained anymore. I marched towards his office room when he was alone there. I barged into the room without even waiting for his permission.

“What's wrong now?" He asked.

“What do you think huh? That I will not say a word against you and will obey every command of yours. You are absolutely wrong Mr Martinelli. You can't treat me like a prisoner. I am fed up."

“Nandita I haven't imprisoned you. You were asked to stay in your room because I had an important meeting with my rival. His bodyguards were there outside the room. It would have been a risk for you if they had spotted you. Rumours are spreading about you."

“About me?" I frowned. What have I done for that?

“Yeah. I want to keep you away from this dark world that I am currently living in until our wedding is over. My rivals will target you thinking that you are my weakness."

“Of course Leonardo. I have been your weakness from the day you met me right?" He slowly got up from the chair and sauntered toward me. With a smirk playing on his lips, he mumbled.

“Not my weakness but my strength. You are my strength amore. If you hadn't appeared in my life then I would have gone from this world years ago. My love for you only brought me back to life."

“Rubbish!" I scoffed.

“You can take this in that way. I truly loved you a lot Nandita. And I still do. My feelings aren't fake."

That's enough. I am done with his buttering. He will annoy me more if I don't stop him now. “Whatever. But this should be the last one. Either you keep your rivals away from here. Or do whatever you want but..." I breathed in deeply. “I won't stay locked in my room."

“Ok next time I will think about it."

Not believing his words, I turned and walked towards the door. I paused in my track when he blurted an unexpected thing.