Chapter - 73

I slowly bent down and picked the box

I slowly bent down and picked the box. Nandita kept her eyes on the gift. I took her hand and placed the box on it. That moment, she glanced at me.

"Amore from today onwards you will be using this. I had told Alfredo and Valentina to make you learn to use a gun. It's for your self-defence. Since you are connected to my family, your life is under threat all the time. So you need to learn how to fight back."

She rolled her eyes and the next moment shoved the box to Valentina. Then she grabbed my collar. Alfredo came close but I gestured him to stay back.

"Mr Leonardo Martinelli, don't think that I will obey all your commands. I know why are you doing this to me. You want me to learn how to take lives, right? But I am sorry. I will never do something against humanity. This is your lifestyle. Don't force me into this!"

"You are already into this lifestyle. There is no going back. Nobody is going to check whether you are married or not. Here everything is under my control."

"But I am not. So I am not gonna hold this bloody thing. If you are that much adamant, then I will learn. Only for one purpose. To kill you."

That's it. She is crossing her limit. If I don't stop her now, she will keep on triggering me. I gently grabbed her chin. She flinched a little but didn't stop glaring.

"Nandita I warned you several times not to say anything that will anger me."

She scoffed. "You are doing the same to me. Then how can you expect me to talk to you politely? Don't think I am weak."

"No Nannu you are a strong woman. But the thing is you still live in fantasy." She knitted her brows.

"Fantasy?"

"You still believe that Mr Ahuja will come to save you. But it's not possible. The minute he enters my place, I will lock him up. Then his mission will be failed."

"You don't know my husband, Mr Leonardo Martinelli. He loves me and won't sit back hearing your threats. He will come and save me."

I laughed and did slow clap at her statement. My girl is having so much trust in that man. Poor baby.

"Oh, Nandita you---"

"ENOUGH!" A voice echoed in the room. I turned towards my mother who came to our side. She took the box from Valentina and gave it back to Nandita.

"There is no harm in keeping a gun with you Nandita. As he said, it's for your safety. One day you will have to use it. For your protection. So better accept this. And I assure you that you can decide when to use it."

I saw a look of calmness on her face. She looked at mom and then at me. I smiled because she accepted my gift even though she is still hesitant. But soon she will be good at using it.