Chapter - 44

I reached my destination on time and the person whom I wanted to meet was waiting for me at the entrance

“Good morning father."

“Good morning Nandita. Why did you call me?"

“I want to talk to you. I am restless." I said entering inside the church.

“Is everything okay?"

“No father. Not at all." I sighed as I sat on the bench. He kept looking at me to speak further.

“You are disturbed right?"

“Yes."

“So if you feel like telling me the reason for this, then go ahead."

I took a deep breath and told him about the nightmares. And how it is affecting me. Even I told him that it's preventing me from getting on good terms with Ahujas.

“That's it?" He asked.

“Yes, Father!"

“Okay. I think you haven't forgotten your past. It's like you are thinking about it every day."

“No. I really wish to erase everything but... you know it's impossible."

“It's possible to an extent. I mean you can teach your mind repeatedly that it's over and won't affect you at all."

“But father it's-- it's like..."

“Listen Nandita. You have gone through a tough time in your life. You should have found out about that man's family background, his profession and all. But I don't blame you cause you fell in love with him because he made you believe that he is there for you. And you were broken when you came to know the real identity of that man. Am I right?"

“Yes, father," I mumbled.

“But now you are safe by God's grace. He saved you and gifted you a beautiful life with Harshad. I know you like him and his family a lot."

I glanced at him. I was surprised. How did he know?

“I know that you like him a lot. Because even after knowing about your past, he was ready to accept you into his life. So you started to like him and you do respect him. I can see it from your face. I saw it when you looked at him when you both came here. And you were smiling."

A smile formed on my lips and I blushed a little because he was telling the truth. I like Harshad.

“...But you are not in a state to express what you feel because you are constantly thinking about your past."

“You are right father. I have a feeling that I am dragging him to the danger zone I have fallen in."

“No Nandita. You are not inviting trouble in his life. Instead, you are providing him with what he wishes to have. Care, love..."