Chapter - 42

One week later

One week later

One thing happened in the previous week. I started working at City Hospital as a Neurosurgeon. Started taking classes for the interns but not regularly. Unlike my previous interns, they seem to be more studious and are scared of the HOD.

He is a strict person and does not tolerate irresponsibility. He was there to interview me but due to my luck, he decided to choose me. I talked little with my colleagues because most of the time we got busy with our patients.

Rohit's practical examination started. So he is busy with it. Masi took me to her Dance Academy days ago. A wonderful place with amazing students. I liked how each interacted with Masi and with the seniors and juniors. There were overall 10 batches at present.

After the revelation, Harshad gradually started to share the day to day happenings in his company. I even shared mine but still, we kept a distance between us. He got me a new car and hired a driver for me. But I told him that I want to learn to drive. He said he will help me with this later.

I met Harshad's personal assistant, Aman. He called me madam at first but I insisted him to call me by my name because we are of the same age. Reluctantly he agreed and Harshad didn't say anything about this.

One evening I came back from work and spotted Harshad's car on the porch. I got surprised because he won't come before 7 pm. But today he came back early. I immediately went to my room and saw him on the bed under the blanket.

“Harshad you okay?" I asked moving towards him.

No response! I slowly pulled off the blanket. He was taking a nap but he was breathing through his mouth. I gently touched his forehead and my assumption was correct. He is having a high fever.

“Harshad!" I called him again. He slowly opened his eyes.

“Hi, Nandita. Um... stay away. I am not well."

“Yeah. I can understand. You are having high temperature."

“That's why I told you to stay away!"

I sighed and sat beside him. “Look I am a doctor. I won't stay away from you."

“But you are a neurosurgeon."

“So what? I had completed my MBBS. I know how to take care of a sick person. So I will be taking care of you and don't refuse. I will not obey. Clear?"

“Oh, God!" He sighed deeply.

I walked over to my closet and took a paracetamol tablet. I gave it to him and he had it. I went down and made hot coffee and told the maid to cook something light for him. I made him have the coffee. I switched on the heater and told Harshad to take bath.

I think he clearly understood that I will not back off. So he obeyed me with retorting back to my orders. Masi came to check on him and I assured her that I will do the needful. I asked my driver to get medicines which I priscribed and he bought them immediately.