Chapter - 13

When Leonardo left, I sauntered towards my room and collapsed on the bed

When Leonardo left, I sauntered towards my room and collapsed on the bed. I wished to get a good sleep but my mind was occupied with other things which prevented me to sleep. After a long time, I poured my emotions into a person whom I met a few days back.

Even though Leonardo was acting strangely towards me, I felt relieved when I said about my issues with my family. And he listened to me fully and didn't question my decision. He didn't say that I was wrong to go against them. Rather he consoled me. He said he will be there for me.

I don't know why but what made me feel comfortable with him. I haven't known him much but he took out the burden inside me. For the first time, I felt comfortable in his presence.

I recalled the conversations we had a few minutes before. His assuring words kept playing in my head till I dozed off.

*****

The next day morning Daksh called me and said about my parents' departure. I felt like jumping out of excitement. Finally a piece of good news. I thanked God that instant and started to get ready since my duty time is gonna end. Leonardo will be arriving any moment to pick me up. I got changed into another dress and waited for him. A couple of minutes later, I received his call and went down.

"Good morning Nandita." He wished me with a smile on his face. "Good morning." I wished him back.

I got inside the back seat with him. Today his driver and one more person were present. I took a glance at him before getting inside. He was sitting like a statue not looking at me.

"Nandita meet my personal bodyguard Alfredo." I was shocked to know that.

"You do have a personal bodyguard?" I whispered to him.

"Yeah. Why? I can't have one?"

"No I mean are you scared?" I mocked him. He raised his eyebrows and chuckled.

"No Nandita. But he is my right hand from my childhood days itself. Moreover, I am a businessman who has rivals around the world."

"Okay, I understand your point," I said.

"Are you okay now?" He asked to which I nodded.

"Thank you for hearing me out."

"No need for thank you. I don't want you to feel alone like nobody is there to listen to you." I smiled and gazed outside. Leonardo was doing something on his laptop and he was silent till we reached his home.

Alessandra came and embraced me in a tight hug. I realized that she missed me. I pecked her cheeks and we sauntered towards her room for checkup. She said that her pain decreased and she is feeling better than yesterday. I was happy to hear it.