Chapter - 33

I slept well that night because finally, I am going to be the wife of a person who knows my past very well

I slept well that night because finally, I am going to be the wife of a person who knows my past very well. I know I won't able to love Harshad because we need time or I need time. The next morning I woke up hearing the sound of my ringtone.

"Hello?"

"Nannu."

"Daksh!" I jumped off the bed and clutched the phone. I heard his voice after weeks.

"How are you now?"

"I am good bro. What's up?"

"Nothing. I came to know that your wedding is gonna happen. So you are moving on."

"I have to Daksh. Otherwise, my parents will keep on worrying about my safety."

"I know. I talked with them yesterday. Even Dad and Mom are equally happy for you."

"Are you all coming?"

"Yep... We will be there the day before your engagement." My happiness increased. I will have my brother and friend beside me.

"Hope chachu is not angry with me."

"No yaar. I told you that he is happy for you."

"But what I did was unforgivable."

"Nannu... Leave it. Now you focus on your wedding. Can I tell one happy news?"

"Happy news? Are you in love with Alice?"

"Wait! What? No... It's about Mr Martinelli."

I froze hearing his name. My heartbeat increased and I started to shiver. I couldn't believe that a name his this much impact on me.

"No... I don't want to know---"

"He left this country Nannu!"

"What?" I couldn't believe this news.

"Yes Nannu. There was this news about the war between the Underground Mafia here and with the Italian Mafia family. It was all over the newspapers and I read that two important people from both families were injured. But they kept the name hidden. And the Italians left the U.S without any trace. But the thing is police can't do anything."

"Whatever I don't care!"

"Ok, we don't have to talk about it anymore. That chapter is closed. And tell me about your future hubby."

"What should I say? Just Google his name. You will get all information about him."

"But that's not enough. I need to know from you that he is the perfect one for you."

"I think so. But I like him. Straightforward and..."

"And?"

"Handsome!" I heard him chuckle. "Please don't tease me."