Chapter - 39

“And Muskaan didn't speak to him for the next two days

“And Muskaan didn't speak to him for the next two days." I was about to enter my house but stopped when I heard Rohit mentioning the name.

Damn it! Why did he bring up her name? This boy will get a nice gift from me. I huffed and entered the living room. Nandita and Rohit looked up at me.

“Hey. How was your day?" Nandita suddenly asked.

“Good. I got the issue solved."

“Oh! good. Um... I was listening to the pranks you did to your cousin."

I got embarrassed. “Oh! That was years back."

“Okay. But I can't think a person like you will trouble his cousin this much." She giggled and I glared at Rohit.

“What bhaiya? She should know that you were a prankster in your teenage."

“Look Nandita I feel embarrassed thinking about it now. That time I took small revenge on Muskaan for spoiling my dress. Don't take it seriously."

“Hey calm down. I won't." I sighed and went to my room gesturing Nandita to follow me.

“So how was your day with my naughty brother?"

“Frankly speaking, I thoroughly enjoyed his company. He showed me all corners of this house and shared your past moments with your parents and cousins. But this Muskaan part was hilarious. Did you apologize?"

“Yeah. We apologised later and now she is married and has a son."

“Rohit told me that. But it's nice know? To have beautiful memories about spending the days with your cousins."

“You are right! But when we all grew up and went to pursue our aim, we lost some contacts."

I heard her sigh. Does she miss her family and cousins like me? Obviously. That's clear on her face.

“Go freshen up. I will bring you coffee."

“Wait Nandita. Don't you wanna see the surprises?"

“Yeah, I want to. But first, you do what I said."

“Okay. I will come. Just 10 minutes." She nodded and left the room.

I called my driver to bring her surprise to my room. And I am sure Nandita won't be expecting this. I had a bath and went down to have coffee. Nandita wasn't there so the maid served me. Minutes later I saw her coming.

“I got a call from Daksh. He is going back today."

“Really? I thought they will be staying for some more days."

“They planned that but cancelled it abruptly. So chachu and chachi are also going."

She glanced at her hands sadly. That instant, I saw my driver entering the house with a box. I looked at Nandita and gestured him to go with it to my room. After he went, I gulped down the coffee and exhaled sharply.