Chapter - 17

I entered my room and there was a relief in my mind

I entered my room and there was a relief in my mind. I proposed Nandita. Yes! Finally, it happened. But the way she tricked me to know about my feelings shocked me coz I was planning to destroy the feeling she developed towards her colleague. But now I am happy that she is not into that.

But I wasn't sure whether Nandita has feelings for me or not. She is my good friend but what if she rejects me and ends the bond we share. It's not good. It can affect my sister also. Nandita will ignore us. I should do something if she does like that because she belongs to me only.

The thought of losing her pestered me when I was making everything proper at my house. I mentioned to mom that I want Nandita in my life. She said I will get her only if I deserve her. I was adamant that I should be her future. Not anyone else.

Now I need to have more patience coz Nandita will not easily accept my proposal. She thinks a lot and maybe will approach her cousin. Hope he doesn't restrict her. Otherwise, I will do something to him. I can't lose my love at any cost.

I decided not to mention our meeting to my siblings. They will start to pull my legs. I wish Nandita replies as soon as possible. It's hard to wait like this. I love her character and all. And don't want to be more possessive towards her.

*****

The next two days, we conversed little and I thought not to ask her about her answer. Luckily, she wasn't nervous in my presence and behaved as usual. Every day I can't stop admiring her. She is a unique person. Strong and independent. Who doesn't care about what others say. I love her attitude.

To my relief, neither Roberto nor Alessandra questioned us about our meet. Alfredo is the one who doesn't like her involvement in our lives. But I made him understand that she is a simple girl and won't cause any harm.

Whatever it is I have decided that Nandita will be mine. I can give her anything to see her happy. If she accepts my proposal, I will marry her within days. If she rejects me, then I will do the unthinkable.

It's been one week but I haven't made up my mind to answer him

It's been one week but I haven't made up my mind to answer him. I like him a lot and he cares for me but as he said we are from different backgrounds. Moreover, I need support from Daksh in this case. But I don't dare to ask him.

One evening after coming back from the hospital, an idea struck my mind. I changed my dress and sat on the sofa with my phone. I dialled a number and after two rings, I heard a voice from other side.

“Hey, Nandita. What's up? Long time..."

“I am good Alice. Sorry I was busy."

“It's okay. I am happy that you called me now. So tell me..."

“Uhm...Alice, I need your help. It's about my life."

“Hey is everything okay?"

“Yeah. But I need your advice."

“Tell me Nandita."

I took a deep breath and told her everything about me and Leonardo. I told her about his proposal and all. She listened to me without interrupting and when I finished my part, I heard her sigh.

“Nandita...I have been in a relationship two years before. He was my college mate and we loved each other a lot. At first, he made me comfortable around him. But after a couple of months, he tried to control me. I just ignored it for the sake of our love but later I felt suffocated. With utmost difficulty, I broke up with him coz he was not ready for it. Now I am like a free bird."

“So what do you mean? I shouldn't love him."

“No Nandita. That's not what I meant! From my experience, I don't want to fall in love again. In your case, this is the first time. I think you are nervous and not sure about what you have to do. Right?"

“Yeah..."

“For that, you have to relax first of all and ask yourself whether you love him or not. From what you said, he seems to be a good human being. He understands you a lot and consoles you when you break down. The girl who gets such kind of a person is a lucky one. But make sure that he doesn't turn out like my ex. Then it will be a toxic relationship. I hope you understood."

“Yeah but...I can't discuss this with Daksh."

“So what? It's your life. You have to make final decisions. Not anyone else."

“Ok Alice..."

“If you have anything more to say, you can tell me now."

“No...I mean I will think properly. I just want to calm down a bit."

“Yeah, that's what you need now. Drink some water and sit down and think... Okay?"

“Yes."

I hang up the call and went to the kitchen and grabbed the bottle. I gulped the water and took a deep breath and exhaled out. I sat on the sofa and closed my eyes.

*****

“Leonardo I want you alone today evening," I said to him after getting out of the car. Alessandra went inside when Glen called her. I thanked God for bringing him that moment.

“Are you ready with your answer?" He asked little excited.

“Yeah, I am ready. And I should say it today itself."

“Then say it now. Nobody is gonna hear us."

“No, we need to be alone. Let's meet at the same place. Okay?"

He didn't say anything for some seconds and then agreed to come. I smiled and got close to him and whispered.

“My answer can be either yes or no. So you have to accept what I say."

“Of course Nandita. I know you won't hurt a person's emotion."

“Let's see!" I mumbled and turned to walk inside. I felt him holding my hand. I didn't face him. He came closer and whispered.

“I love you, Amore." He left my hand and went from that place making me stand there with a blushing face.

*****

Hey guys

☞ How was the chapter?

☞ Nandita is gonna say whether she accepted him or not. Are you ready for it?

☞ More characters will be introduced in the coming chapters.