Chapter - 27

“Good morning mummy

“Good morning mummy." I kissed my mother. I woke up early and decided to help her. She seemed to be happy. The reason is me only.

“How are you feeling?"

“Fine mummy. I feel like a burden is taken off from my mind."

“Good! So you go and wake up your brothers. I will prepare coffee for you all."

“Can I do it?" I asked and with a pleasant smile, mummy agreed. I took the milk from the fridge and ignited the stove. I searched for the saucepan and placed it above the flame and poured the milk. Then I arranged cups for all of us, added sugar to each and then the coffee powder. The milk boiled and I poured it into all the cups and stirred.

“Coffee ready?" asked Pappa.

“Yes. You are gonna have the coffee I made after years." I giggled and gave him one cup. He sipped the coffee and looked at me with a warm smile.

“It's good beta. Thank you." He said and went to read the newspaper.

Within minutes my brothers and mummy came and we sat together to have a little chit chat. My brothers assured me that they will help me in every situation I face from here on. They want to see me happy. And I know they will go to any extent to do that.

“Are you planning to work?" Pappa asked.

“I don't know," I said because I haven't thought of this.

“If you wish to, then I will ask the Director of the hospital we are working." Abhinav bhaiya said looking at Aakash bhaiya and then at me.

“Yes Nannu. We will talk to him and you can come for the interview."

“Bhaiya I am not in a mood to work. I love my job and I love treating patients. But now I want to be free for a couple of weeks."

“It's ok buddy. You just inform them. Moreover, you will be glad to work with your two friends." said Nakul bhaiya.

“Friends? Who are they?"

“Anirudh and Indulekha. They are working at GMC hospital with us." Aakash bhaiya said. It was a surprising news.

“Unbelievable! I thought they went back to Kerala."

“After marriage, they thought of working at GMC. You three did your internship there know. So they decided to work there itself."

“That's nice. Now I can see them whenever I want."

I felt happy. My two friends are working in the same hospital where my brothers work. So it will be easy for me to visit them often. We became friends on the first day of college. They are my first South Indian friends and with them, I had visited their native places after we completed our graduation. They will in love in the second year I encouraged them to talk with their parents and after completing MBBS they got married.