Chapter - 15

Everything went smoothly for one week

Everything went smoothly for one week. Alessandra became happier when she rejoined back and was around her friends. In between, I asked if she is feeling uncomfortable or not. By God's grace, she didn't feel unwell and became active within a short period. The rest of my interns made sure that she is keeping well all the time.

But I was disturbed with one thing Daksh said days before. I thought about it several times. According to me, Leonardo is a good person. At first, he did unwanted interruptions in my life. But now he is gentle. He used to accompany us to the hospital and back. I felt more comfortable with him. But I don't think he has feelings for me.

“What if he has feelings? Will Daksh's words come true? How will I find out that?" These questions always occupied my mind whenever I am free from my work.

One day I decided to find this out. I planned to make Leonardo confess to me if has true feelings. I have to find this out. For that, I called him on a Sunday.

“Hi, Leo. If you are free can you come to my apartment?"

“Why not? I will..." He ended the call and within minutes I heard the sound of the calling bell. I opened the door to see him smiling.

“You want coffee?" I asked him after he sat on the sofa.

“Yeah..."

I went inside the kitchen and made coffee for us. And I joined him to execute my plan.

“So what's the matter?" He asked.

“Uhm...I want to say one thing to you."

“Say it."

“Please keep this a secret. Since you are my friend, I thought of sharing this with you. I can't trust Daksh in this."

“Whatever it is I am ready to hear. Don't worry I won't judge you."

“It's not very serious. But..."

“Come on Nandita."

“I think I am in love..." I paused waiting for his response. I saw the smile on his face fading away and he became shocked.

“Are you serious?" He asked.

“Yes, Leo. I started this feeling towards my colleague. I haven't said this to him and I don't know whether he is in love with me or with anyone else. So..."

“What's his name?"

“That I can't tell now. But will you support me in this?"

“I...I don't know what to say Nandita."

“But it's there any fault in falling in love?"

“No Nandita. We are humans. We tend to fall in love with the opposite sex. It's not an abnormal thing."