Chapter 16

The dining room was filled with candle light, a fire place, lit, form the other side of the room. A long table sat in the middle of the room with six chairs. In front of those black chairs were gold silverware placed neatly down. I was starting to think that maybe this family is really related to the Addam's family.

I followed Connor to the table, we were the only two who were in the room. This feels like a trap. "They will be here soon," as if he read my mind. Nodding my head I slowly moved away from him to the fire place.

Can't even apologize for what he had done, but he gave me some time. I watched the fire dance as I hugged myself. This dress was getting itchy and my shoes were killing me. I'm surprise I didn't fall yet. From the corner of my eye I say Connor walk over to the window, with his hands in his pockets. His suit was tight around his chest, as his muscles showed themselves. Looking up from embarrassment, I saw that the fire place had a family portrait above it.

The portrait was maybe from the 18th century. Fredrick was young looking as he stood behind Marika who was sitting in a chair. Connor stood in the far right, he looked to have been a teen. Long hair looks good on him. In the middle was another man who may have been a teen. He had his hair in a ponytail, cold eyes, and his lips that were in a tight straight line. He looked pissed. Then I looked at Mel who didn't even look like she aged. They were all dressed formal, will groomed... and happy. I wonder what my family photo would look like.

"Good times," I felt someone breath behind me, making me jump. "I apologize for startling you," Fredrick said with a weak smile.

"No, it's alright," trying to keep myself in check. Lately I have been off edge and it's not like me to do so. Looking towards Connor his back was still facing me but he was looking at me through the window. Our eyes meet for just a moment before Fredrick cleaned his throat.

"I wanted to also apologize for not seeing you during your stay here," he gave me a small smile, showing his fangs.

"There is no need, but thank you," giving him a gently smile.

"My wife thought it would be for the best to not get to close to you," he said quickly. "You see I get hungry very easily due to my age. And I fear that I may eat you without thinking. But that does not mean that I don't want to get to know you more," his child like smile started to creep me out. This whole conversation was creepy, but I gave him smile anyway.

"Thank you for being honest with me," bowing my head a little, "I heard that Marika was on vacation," trying to change the subject.

"Honeymoon," his face grew red as his eyes started to shade into a light pink. He brought shivers down my spine as I saw a hint of hunger in those pink eyes, "our hundred and tenth."

"You must have had a fun time."

"Yes, yes I did," he whispered in a husky tone. He seemed almost proud as he said those words. His eyes became redder as he was lost in his thoughts. Losing my smile I looked away a little uncomfortable. After a few seconds I glazed up to see him close his eyes and shake his head. Opening them they were back to its normal color. He turned his head towards the door and vanished before my eyes. "Dear, you look lovely," I heard his voice yell out the words in the hall way.

"Please Frederick, not now. Your son will be here soon," Marika says followed by a soft giggles. The sound of her heels head to the doorway and found their way into the dining room.

"He won't mind," he yelled in the hallway. He came in the room a short time later with his head down in disappointment and arms hanging low.

"Frederick, please stand up straight," watching him walk slowly to the table, Mairka rolled her eyes with a cat like smile. "If you suck it up now, I'll let you do whatever you want later."