Chapter 33

Nothing but the sound of chains and rats running around filled my ears. My soft cries have made my throat dry and eyes sore. I haven't been able to see River in the dark. I haven't even heard a single sound from her for hours or so. Please Connor, come for us. I... I need you. We need you.

"Ah!" Closing my eyes the lights came on and all I could think of was Connor. But it wasn't him. I knew it wasn't. Darting my eyes over to River. She was still out but breathing. "Let us go!" I yelled.

"I'm sorry but that is not my plan." Crevan came down the stairs with a bucket in hand with a rag. "You are unable to use a toilet. I apologize." Bowing his head he stood in front of me dropping the bucket. Rowing up his sleeves he was ready to undress me.

"I can do it myself." I said as loud as I could. He reach for my shirt and ripped to where it split in the middle. He then took attention to my soiled pants. Moving my hip to the side I tried the best to stop him. Unbuttoning my pants he forcefully pulled them down.

He took the rag and started to clean my legs that were now red and had a rash. "Can you not? If you just let me go to the bathroom to use the toilet and shower you wouldn't have to do this. And I wouldn't have to feel disgusting."

He looked up at me with sadness in his eyes. "Is that how you feel?" He asked. I didn't say anything and looked back at River. He waited for a moment and then continued.

"You said I was your daughter." He froze. "Is that true?"

"Remember what I told you. About my child being raise by another man." I nodded my head. "It was you." Could he be? No I don't think so. But what if?

"Are you the shadow man?" He nodded his head. "The one with the flute?" Tears fell from my face as he nodded again. "It was you the whole time."

He gave me a gentle smile. "Yes. It was little one. And now I finally have you." He placed a hand on my cheek.

"You did this to me!" I yelled shaking my head away from him. "You put all these marks on me and did those things. Why? What did you do to my family?"

He dropped the rag in the bucket. His green eyes darkened as he placed a hand on my throat. It didn't hurt, he didn't squeeze. He was being careful. "They're are not your family. Only I am. Not even your sister."

"What did you do to her?"

He smiled. "Nothing. It was you who I was after. You were too easy. Just like Marcus."

"Daddy?" The word just came out.

He lightly squeezed my neck. "He's not your father! I am!" He yelled moving his face closer to mine. "That man is a traitor! Just like your mother."

"What did you do to my father?" I cried.

He let go of my neck as he turned his body away from me. "He's not your father." He whispered. "He's your brother. My only vampire child. He took your mother from me. He took you from me."

"Why would he..."

"Because Dawn." He interrupted. "I killed our family. My wife. Your brothers and sisters. Their gone because I killed them. And I will kill you too." He turned his head to look at me. With a smile on his face his fangs showed. "Marcus thought he could protect you from me but he was wrong. Now I will finally take what is mine." I don't know what he will gain in killing me like he did to the others. But Connor where are you?

Trying to hold in the fear I held my breath as he placed his hand on my neck and lick it. I kept my eyes on River. Thinking to myself that if I die today. That River will lose me. But what about her. "Wait!" I could feel his breath on my skin, his lip touching the skin. "Please let River go. I beg you return her to Connor and you can have me." At lest she doesn't have to see me like this or after. I could feel his smile form on my neck.

"As you wish." He chuckled. Leaving my side he walked to the other side of the room to River. He undid her chains as her small body fell to the ground. I leaned in to see if she was okay. Crevan placed hand on her head and pulled her hair while picking her up.

"Don't hurt her!" I yelled pulling myself away from the wall.

"If it's not me than it will be Melantha who will do so. Don't worry." He smirked. "I will make it quick and plainly for her."

"No, please!" I cried. But it wasn't enough. I shielded my eyes from seeing what he had done but only ears were able to hear the horrifying sound of what had happened. My heart squeezed as I felt an unwelcoming feeling in my gut. I could smell the sent of blood as I threw up.

"Don't worry little one you will join her too. But first I will return her to Connor like you asked." I Squeezed my eyes as I cried. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I couldn't protect you. It's all my fault. If I didn't come back, if I just died then maybe I could have saved you from all this.

"River." I cried.