Chapter 24

Looking out the window I watched the bright lights pass us. Connor had my things packed before the sun rise and had me in his car faster than I could put my shoes on. Throwing my things in the back, I was forced to leave. With Morgan's memory now erased, just the ones of me for the last three months, I had to leave. Rubbing the carved Chinese letters on the bamboo flute, I wonder what was so important about me. Closing my eyes, an image of a man filled my mind. I couldn't see his face but I knew he was evil.

"Dawn," Connor's voice echoed into my ears. "Dawn are you listening to me," he yelled making a turn.

"Yes," I lied shifting my attention to the window.

"What did it say?" seeing myself in the reflection of the window, I smirked.

"No, I was thinking. What did you say?" I sighed, glancing over to him.

He tighten his grip on the wheel making a funny sound. He shook his head a few times before glancing over to me. "I asked you how you got here and how did you lost your memory?" my eyes traveled to the flute as I continued to rub the letters. I didn't know the answer and even if I did, would I have told him?

"Like I know," I whispered. For Morgan's sack, maybe its best I leave and never come back. 'One kiss, my bonny sweetheart, I'm after a prize to-night, But I shall be back with the yellow gold before the morning light, Yet, if they press the sharply and hurry me through the day, Then look for me by moonlight, Watch me by moonlight, I'll come to thee by moonlight though hell should bar the way', I repeated the Morgan's words in my head.

Whoever dropped this at the door was going to steal something, 'money' more like it. But he was coming back even if he got chanced. A name popped in my mind 'Crevan', who was he? Finding myself looking back to Connor I was afraid of asking him. Did I know Crevan too? "Where are we going?" words finally came out.

"Back home, to the Netherworld," said keeping his eyes on the road.

"The Netherworld," I repeated. "Has it really been three years," I asked another question.

"Yes, but the Netherworld's time is a bit slower, so really you had been with me for three weeks."

"Three weeks? No wander Morgan looked a little older," I whispered under my breath. With everything going on I feel I shouldn't be that surprised. All I could really feel was tiredness. For some time I could never find a peaceful sleep, I'm even hallucinating for god sacks.

"Why don't you rest, it's a long ride," he said glancing over to see me nod my head.

"Yea, okay," I said, resting my head on the vibrating window. Closing my eyes I erase all sounds around me and took in the darkness that came over me.

***

The smell of the ocean breeze filled my nostrils. I let out a soft sigh as a smile formed on my face. The sound of the waves clashing into each other. "This is nice," I whispered.

"It's been awhile," the young teen said walking towards me.

"Mary," I smiled. Mary was the girl I meet through my dreams some nights. "It has," it was the same here. It was nice being here where someone will walk to the other side and never come back. "How has it been?"

"The sisters of the church, believes I'm corrupted by the devil. As for Father, he is worried about me. I have been involving myself in police business," shrugging her shoulders she smirked.

"Are you?" I asked.

She giggled, "Yes, I have been taking pictures at crime scene. But I'm stuck on this case, I don't think a person did it, well not a human person that is." She started to scratch her head. "It so frustrating," she sighed, collapsing into the sand. "Hey do you think vampires are real?" we made eye contact and I probably looked at her like she was crazy. "Hey your right, there is no such thing," she said when I didn't reply. "Maybe I am crazy," she let her back rest on the sand as she placed both of her hands under her head.

"Vampire, and werewolves, oh my," I said trying to make a joke. Giving me a small smile, I saw that I may have hurt her feelings. "I'm sorry. When you asked me if vampires were real it shocked me a little. You see, I have known vampires for a very long time. But I never met one as nice as him, even though he can be an ass."

"You love him?" she asked. Looking down on the sand, I didn't know. I do care about him but do I... "So vampires are real. What else?" she asked trying to change the subject.

"You're not shocked?" shaking her head from left to right I asked why.

"I always knew there was something out there but I could never prove it until now. Not only that, I can count on you that you're telling the truth and not making fun of me," she rolled on her side having her back facing me.

"I'm not. I know about werewolves but that's it. I'm sure there are more out there," I watched the ocean waves come into a complete still as the wind died.

"Hey, you never told me your name," she lifted her upper body and sat there watching me.

"It's Dawn," she nodded her head and looked at the ocean. I hear her whisper my name a few times and each time she said it, there was pain in each word.