Chapter 37

Mary returned to the land between life and death. No matter how sad this place was really she always felt peaceful. Walking along the warm sand she let her feet sink into it. She took in the warm breeze as she extended her arms out as if she wanted to hug the sky. Closing she took a deep breath.

Opening her eyes she hoped that Dawn would return. She couldn't wait to tell Dawn about her case. She finally solved it and she wanted to celebrate her first victory with Dawn. And by celebrating she wanted to tell Dawn her secret. The secret that was dying inside her if she didn't say it.

Mary looked over her shoulder when she heard footsteps into the sand. Smiling she ran up to Dawn. Her short blondish brown hair moved within the wind. Wearing a long white nightgown, Mary saw a little blood stop on the right side of Dawns shoulder. "Dawn? I want to thank you for helping me I solved the crime and..."

Mary moved to the side to let Dawn go. She wasn't stopping. She was heading to the water. "Oh no." Mary ran up to Dawn. "Dawn?" Nothing. It can't be, Mary thought. She reached out to touch Dawns shoulder but couldn't. No, no it can't be. Mary tried to shake the thought away.

Dawn continued to walk as she stopped at the ocean line. "Dawn?" Mary walked to Dawns side shaking her heading looking her up and down. "You can't be gone. I never got to tell you. That my real name is..." Mary couldn't finish as Dawn stepped into the water. "No! No stay."

Mary tried to follow but she couldn't. This world would not let her go beyond the ocean line. Falling on her knees she watched Dawn go deeper and deeper into the water. "Please come back. I never got to tell you my real name." Mary yelled. "My name is..."