Chapter 14

"Connor, where's River?" I found myself repeating. Panic was the only thing I knew, if anyone knew me, I'm not a person who likes to feel this way. Hell I don't like to even cry, gives me a headache. Connor looked dumbfounded as I wobbled towards him. My hands began to shake, I was scared. "What did you do?" I couldn't yell out the words.

His face become still, his eyes looking in to mine. "I did nothing," I heard pain, and betrayal in his voice. I wanted to feel sorry for him but I couldn't.

"Where is she?" the tone in my voice became weak. I can't loss her, not again, not again. We sat in silence, not making any movements until we broke our eye contact. His brown eyes began to darken.

Raising my hand, I cleared a part of his desk. "Answer me," I yelled. The moment his items fell on the floor I heard a faint cry. My heart stopped, as I made no hesitation out the door the room next door. The door was slightly opened, as I pressed my hand on it.

Almost falling to my knees, I saw a nurse maid hold the tiny infant. I tried to smile as tears ran down my cheeks. The nurse maid turned around with a smile. "Good evening, Miss Dawn," her hazelnut eyes gave me some peace of thought. The woman's presence was warm, as River was now no longer in tears.

I inched towards the woman as I opened my arms. She gently placed the baby in my arms as I hugged her. Resting my cheek on the child's head, I tried not to cry any more than I already have. My throat had that feeling like something was stuck inside and I could barely breath let alone speak. Within those five minutes, I realised I never wanted to feel like that again. I felt lost, confused, anger, and depressed all at the same time. I even showed violence towards Connor.

"Are you alright Miss?" the nurse maid asked. She took a step back as she held her hands together.

"I'm fine, thank you," I looked around the room to River's stuff along with toys, a changing table, a three shelf book shelf, an open closet filled with clothes, and a rocking chair. "What is all this," I whispered.

"The young lord had this room made two nights ago," she said as she bowed her head. I saw Connor at the corner of my eye as he walked through the door. He walked like a shadow, not making a single sound.

We glared at each other as if no one else was in the room. "What is the meaning of this? Why didn't you say anything?" I found myself ready to give the nurse maid the baby so I could kill him.

"We talked about this," he straightened out his back and puffed up his chest.

"No, you talked about it," Connor has been complaining about River being in the room and talked about her own room. I never agreed because I knew that this was his way of pushing me away. I didn't even know that he was going to do it for real.

The way he did this scared me, scared me more than anything. I couldn't look at him because I was about to cry again. I placed River in her bed with her sound asleep. I smoothed her hair back as she took a deep breath. I let the tears fall down my as I smiled, your safe now I thought.

"Stop crying, human. The lycan child is fine," he stepped forward as the nurse maid moved far away from me.

"Stop crying," I whispered. I turned towards him and march up to him. "Stop crying? You're the bastard who caused this. You have no idea what's going on here and you have the right to tell me to stop crying. You have no idea that your sister wants me dead and the lycans want my head for 'kidnapping' River. So I think I have the right to cry when someone I love goes missing," I looked him dead in the eyes. "Don't ever do this again, do you understand?"

"You better watch yourself human. I can kill you," he came to my level.

"I don't think you have the guts to," I spat. He took my chin into his big hand, catching me off guard. He invaded my mouth, I tried to push him away but he got closer. Wrapping his free arm around me, pulling me in. Beating my left hand on his hard chest, my right holding on to his blue shirt, in a fist, were his heart was. My lips gave in and started to follow his movement. I hated him, loved him and wanted to kill him at the same time.

His kiss was rough, hard, and lustful all at the same time. It's been so long, I had the sudden wanting to open myself to him and have him take me. Why was this happening, I hated it but loved it. Hitting him once more, I let my hand rest, not because it started to hurt or anything.

He broke the kiss letting me breath, gasping for air, I glared at him. I opened my mouth to say something but he kissed once more. Breaking that kiss too, I kept my mouth closed. "Shut up, your giving me a headache human," I don't know if this proves that he can't kill me or not. He' such a confusing person. Huh, what if this is his signature before he kills... wait I'm trying to prove that he didn't kill them. Then why?

I watched Connor leave the room when I yelled "My name is not human, it Dawn," he stopped for a moment before walking out.

"Connor," Marika's voice called out. "Do you smell that, it smells like a lycan child." I saw her walking from the side as she peeked in. "What is all this, I leave for about a week and this hallway smells like a newborn lycan," River started to cry as the nurse maid, who was still here, got the baby faster than I. "Connor, what is the meaning of this?" she looked at him as he walked back in.

"In my, defense, Dawn took a lycan child in. No parents to speak of," she eyed me up and down as she looked back at him.

"You know we cannot have 'this' in the house. Take it back to its tribe," she was ready to turn away.

"They'll kill her," I spoke out as Connor stood in front of me.

Marika looked at me as her eyes grew, "I don't care what happens to the lycan. I want it out of my house, today," she said calmly.

"No one will take her in, please have her stay. I promise you no one will take her in, I tried," she put a lock of her hair behind her ear.

"You were to take care of my child, not someone else's. I better see that thing gone tonight," she said, sighing I watched her leave before Connor called her out.

"Give us two weeks," Connor wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

"What," Marika turned just her head.

"The human and I have... grown a... relationship with the child. We want to make sure that she is going to a good home. Two weeks should be enough time for us to find an appropriate home for-" he became silent.

"River," I said watching Marika.

"Appropriate home for River," he finished. Nodding her head she left, letting me relax. Connor and I both turned around with our arms folded as we watched the maid rock the baby to sleep. "I told you the child was trouble."

"You never said that," I said, rolling my eyes.

"Well I'm saying it now," we both sighed as the maid smiled at the two of us. What was so funny?

"Thank you, and I'm sorry for how I acted towards you," it left a sour taste in my mouth.

"Good," I waited for him to apologize but he didn't.

"Aren't you going to apologize?" I turned my head towards him.

"For what?" he shrugged his shoulders.

"Are you serious?" I took a step back. "You're unbelievable. Get out."

He turned towards me, glaring. He took a step towards me, "You don't tell me want to do," he hissed.

"Get out," I said one more time a little louder. He got a little closer to the point that there was nothing between us but our clothes. There was a moment of silence as we challenged each other.

"Young Lord, you father would like you to know he got word that Victor will be attending supper tonight. Please have Dawn and yourself ready tonight," a servant said from the door way.

"This isn't over, human," oh, I know it isn't.