Chapter 36

"Crevan!" His voice sounded like bells in my ears. It was the most beautiful thing I heard all day. I felt butterflies in my stomach. He came. He came for me. Connor burst into the living room. He was upset but he looked really hot. Without saying a thing I smiled. But I knew it couldn't be true. "Crevan where's... Dawn." He said when looking at me.

"Connor." I whispered.

"Connor! Welcome! You came just in time. Come sit." Crevan smiled showing him the chair across from me.

"I'll kill you." Connor hissed. Within seconds Connor was standing beside Crevan. But Crevan was faster.

Crevan grabbed Connor's throat. "Come now Connor. You know you can't beat me. So did you like my little present? I'm sorry I didn't have time to wrap her." He chuckled.

"Bastard!" Connor's fangs came out as he got out of Crevan's hold. They were so fast I couldn't tell who was hitting who or who was even winning. Until I saw Connor kick Crevan in the air. And within seconds Crevan's shirt ripped to shreds as long black wings stretched from one side of the room to the next. "Impossible. How could you?"

"I would have to thank my children." Crevan dashed down towards Connor, grabbing him by the collar, he pulled him up to the ceiling.Connor struggled to get free. Moving my head to the side I couldn't look. "Watch daughter. You must see what I will do to your Connor."

"Daughter?" Connor yelled looking at me.

"Stop! Please don't do anymore. I can't take it!" I screamed holding back the tears. He didn't listen. No one did. Crevan put his wings together diving him and Connor to the ground. Screaming I moved my head to the side to block me from what ever came flying. When it seemed calm I waited for one of them to get up. "Connor?" I whispered.

When the smoke cleared I could see Crevan's wings twitch. Crevan got up, dusted himself off and smiled. "Well that was fun." He reached down to pick up Connor. "Up we go." Connor had been passed out and dragged to the table. "Oh my, the table is a mess." And he was right. The silverware was on the floor or somewhere on the table. Plates broken, and the candles were lying flat on the table or on the floor too.

Placing Connor in a chair. Connor's chair was different than mine. Putting his hands on the arms of the chair and wrapping it with silver. "Why did you bring him here?"

"I thought you would have wanted to say good bye to him before I killed you." He said pushing his hair back with both of his hands and then fixed his shirt.

"You going to kill him too. Aren't you?"

Nodding his head he walked at the end of the table and placed his hand on top of mine. Taking his chair he sat at the end. Patting my hand, "Let's play a family game after dinner." What was he thinking? Games? Dinner? I just want to leave. I want River, my step-father and my sister back. Why do I have to lose everything?

Crevan lifted his hand as silverware was placed back on the table and the candles were standing in the middle of the table. So he can fly and move things with his mind. He snapped his fingers. And can make fire, I thought when I saw the candles now lit.

I quickly looked at Connor. I realised that by a snap of Crevan's fingers he could fry Connor if he wanted to. I... I can't see that happen. I won't hear it! I won't stand it! "I'm not hungry. Let's just play your game." I said shaking in fear.

"Are you sure?" I didn't answer. "Alright then." Getting up he walked out of the dining room.

"Connor!" I whispered. Once I saw that Crevan was gone. He didn't answer. Biting my lip I gripped the arms of the chair and tried my best to move myself and chair just a little. Placing my foot on the leg of the table I tried to push it towards him. But he didn't get up. "Connor you can't do this now. You have to get up." In my chair I tried to wiggle my wrist around to get loss. "Come on." I hissed to myself.