Chapter 20

Three months later

Rubbing my index finger on the lip of my grey cup of coffee, I heard the voice echoing of my friend and the therapist she hired three weeks after she found me. He comes over every week for about four hours. Whispering in the other room, I felt like a child. Watching the reflection of myself in the cup I waited.

"Miss. Moore," the therapist said once he entered the room. "You remember me?" he asked. I always tell him the same thing. He thinks I would forget but how could I.

"Yes," I say not looking away from my cup.

"I see. Er... well, lest begin then," he coughed, letting his bag rest on his lap. He went into his bag to get some paper. Then shuffled around for a pen, I took the pen out behind my ear and placed it in front of him. "Thank you," he smiled.

"You always forget the pen," I sighed. I tend to keep one on me when he comes. Between the two of us, he is the most forgetful one. He would forget the littlest things.

"Yes, well...," he played with the pen, straighten out his back, and coughed again. "Miss. Moore," he said clearing his throat. "Do you remember anything on May 14th of 2010 at 6:00pm?"

"I remembered that I forgot cat food and had gone to the store, on the way to the car I was taken in a snack truck. I wasn't the only one, there were other girls. And two men in the front," I rubbed my now aching forehead. "It's still fuzzy, I'm sorry."

"No, no, that's alright. You're doing well. Do you remember getting a call in the truck?"

"No," bring the cup to my lips, I took a sip. "Will I ever remember?" I asked. Finally looking up to see his brown eye look into mine.

"That will depend on you. If you see something, it may trigger it. Or maybe a person? Have you tried leaving the apartment to go back were you were kidnapped?" I nodded my head. "Nothing?" he wrote something down as I quickly looked back to my cup.

"Nothing," I repeated. I began rubbing, with the tip of my index finger on the lip of my cup, again.

A few hours later he couldn't get a single thing new out of me. It was like someone burned a hole in my memories of the last three years. I have tried to remember but the pain in my head was too much. I had once passed out when thinking too hard and when I woke up my nose was bleeding. Never had my nose bleed before, ever.

He gave up and headed to the door as Morgan escorted him out. They started whispering to each other. I knew it was about me but I knew, and Morgan knew that I may never remember. And whatever happened to me, I was afraid to touch men, to go outside, and I started to watch a lot of supernatural anything. Mostly about vampires and werewolves.

"When are you going to stop acting like your world is falling apart," leaning on the kitchen door frame, Morgan crossed her arms over her chest.

"I'm sorry, I just feel like I'm falling apart," I got up off my chair, leaving my hands on the table, I became dizzy. "I want to remember but I can't. I'm missing something."

"You're missing a lot of things," she said now making her way to me. "I miss the old you, now you're just depressing."

"I'm glad you think so," walking around her I headed to the living room. Grabbing my computer of the coffee table and sat on the brown leather couch.

"Come on Dawn, let's go out. Get some fresh air, party or something. Pet Piccolo," I glazed at the fat tabby as he watched me with his angry eyes. Did he always look so ticked off? My headache started to bother me, covering my eyes with my hand I let the darkness shadow.

Your mine, human, the darkness spoke."Mine," I whispered. I was someone's. But who? Who was I remembering?

"Look, I know your upset with everything but, maybe this is good for you, you know," no I didn't.