Chapter 19

'Dear Connor,

If you're reading this, it means I'm gone. I want to let you know that everything will be okay and whatever happens to me it's not your fault. Its mine, and what ever I do I know it was for you and River. So please watch over her for me. But before you throw this letter away I want to tell you I hate vampires, but I trust you.

One more thing, I know you can't get over 'her' and that sometime you look through me and see 'her', and call out 'her' name when you're not thinking. But would you be okay with me, would you love me more than 'her'? To tell the truth I don't want to hear the answer to that right now. What I want to say is Connor, I love you. And if you are the same just say it and I'll be by your side in a heartbeat. Thats all for now, forgive me Connor, I love you

From your master, Dawn'

Folding the letter up and into an envelope, I placed it on Connors desk. When he comes back, I hope he reads it. What am I saying, I hurt him. If I was not so jealous of 'her' maybe things would have happened differently. Getting back my feet, narrowing in on my letter. Should I leave it here, or throw it away, I thought. Would he even read it?

My heart pounded at the thought of it. It ached at the thought of his answer, but it was too soon to say such things. To say 'I love you', and all. But I did and I don't know why. When imagining him, I feel his hot breath next to my ear and his arms wrapped around me, pulling me in.

If only I wasn't so selfish, those girls and I would have been home by now. Living our lives the way we wanted but I took that away. I even killed some of them. I'm sorry, I'm so sorry.

Letting the tears escape, I covered my mouth with my hand so no one could hear. Before I let a cry slip, there was a knock at the now open door. Turning towards it, I found a man standing there. Not Connor, not Victor, or even their father.

"You're not Connor," he said. His voice brought chills down my back. "Are you crying?" he sounded concerned, making his way to me. Placing his hand on my wet cheek, he rubbed his thumb on a tear that pushed its way out. He was six foot at least, and his eyes were pure green. "Why are you in tears, little one? Did Connor hurt you? Do you know where he is? I'll beat him up for you," I smiled, letting out a soft chuckle. "What's so funny?" he asked.

"Connor didn't hurt me. It was my own fault. I'm upset with myself, that's all," placing my hand on his, I pulled it away. "Thank you, but I have to go," making my way around him, I tried to keep my smile up. Once I reached the door the stranger grabbed my hand and pulled me into him. Gasping, he wrapped his arms around me, keeping me close as his hot breath made me shiver.

"If you ever need me," he whispered. Slipping something into my hand, "Call me." Wiggling out of him, I got myself free and faced him. He smiled, still holding the hand that he slipped the item in. "My name is Crevan."

"Crevan," I repeated. "Please let go of my hand."

"Will you promise to call me if you need me?" he smiled once more showing his white teeth. He's a vampire, I thought. I could see his fangs ready to pop out.

"I don't know you," narrowing my eyes at him. I felt I was offered candy and was told to get into his van.

"You will," something in his eyes told me that he was okay. It had shocked me how my body warmed up to him so fast.

"Thank you, I have to go now," letting me go I ran out the door, and down the hallway to the staircase. I had no idea why I was running but I had to. Why did I have to, god only knows. The moment I hit the bottom step I crashed into someone making me land on them. I felt the person shift under me, trying to push me off but I hit my head real good on the floor.

"Get off me human," Mel's voice said as the person pushed me. Mel? Looking over to see the persons face it was her. Placing both hands on the floor I pushed myself up, rubbing my forehead once I was off of her. "Human! What do you think you were doing?"

"I think I was leaving," I got up to brush myself off.

Glaring at me, her eyes grow dark. "You dare talk to me like that, have you forgotten who you are talking to," she got up and push me. "I think I should remind you who you are dealing with," she yelled showing her fangs.

"I know, I just don't have the time for you right now. So please move aside," keeping my hands to myself I tried to stay on her good side if she had one.

"You little," she was ready to come at me but I just stood there, emotionless.

"Enough Mel," Victor's voice echoed throughout the lobby. He was wearing a black suit with a brown long coat, his hair was pulled back, and he looked colder then he was yesterday at dinner.

"Big brother," she smile dancing to him as if nothing happened. Her pink long dress flowed right to left and then stilled as she gave him a hug. "When will you take me to Paris like you promised?"

"Soon," he placed his hand on her head, giving her gently eyes. Taking my eyes off them, I glazed at the floor. By my feet was a flute like thing, made out of wood. It reminded me of peter pan really. Rubbing the small flute between my fingers, I wouldn't stop looking at the damn thing. I have seen it before, but where?

A sudden headache hit me, making me squeeze my eyes shut. An image of a man popped in my head. He was sitting on a fence outside in front of my old house, with mom and Edea. I could see his face in the dark but he played this thing for my mom and then guided her inside, he looked up at me and I saw that smile. That smile, that smile, no, no I cried in my head. "Little one," he would whisper through my door when everyone was asleep. "Little one, let's play a game."

"No," I screamed out loud. Tears ran down my face, finding Victor putting his hands on my shoulders. He started talking to me but I couldn't hear a thing. Just silence, he pulled me into a hug and that shocked me. And behind him Mel was more surprised than I was. That shock on her face became anger and that anger sparked fire in her eyes. Pushing Victor violently away, I lost balance, almost falling Victor grabbed my wrist and pulled me in. "I want to go home," I cried, trying to push him away again.

"You will, you will," he repeated as he patted my head gently. Soothing me, making me settled in his embrace. After a few moments passed he escorted me out of the castle like home and into a car. Sitting me in the backset of the car, I gazed up to Mal glaring at me with daggers in her eyes. My finger touched the lock on my door and hit it before Victor joined me on the other side. The driver locked all doors and started to drive out of the parking lot.

"I want to see River," I said weakly.

"That's not a good idea. It's best if you forget her and everyone here once you return home," he said coldly.

"How?" he didn't answer. I don't want to forget, I don't want to leave, letting the tears run down my face, Connor.

***

I woke up, in a sudden shock when a rain drop hit my face. Taking deep breathes I tried to figure out where I was at. I was laying in what looked like an alleyway. Getting on all fours I quickly crowed next to two garbage bins. I touched my face and body, I was not hurt. I was wearing clothes and my one shoe was broken. What the hell happened to me?

"Dawn," a familiar voice said. Moving out of my little corner, picking out I saw Morgan. She wore her favorite t-shirt that said, 'my way or the high way' and blue jeans. Her hair was a mess as she held a green umbrella over her head.

"Morgan," my voice broke as I called her name. With a single thought we ran to reach other and hugged. "What happened to me?"

"God, Dawn you have been missing for almost three years. Where have you been?" Three years? how can that be?

"I don't know, I don't know what happened me," I was getting cat food but that was just a few minutes ago, right? How can it be three years?