Chapter 23

The room around me was spinning in circles. The room shifted into a child's room, my childhood bedroom that I shared with my sister. Once the room stopped spinning I glanced over to where Morgan once was. In her place was a little mermaid bed with a child sleeping in it. Taking a few steps, I saw my sister's sleeping face. My legs collapsed under me, touching the end of the bed I took a deep breath. "Edea," My voice was rough and dry. The small six year old shifted as she hugged her white stuffed bunny, I gave her for her third birthday.

"Princess, open the door," the voice said through the door. Taking my attention away from my sister, I glared at the door.

"Who are you?" my voice echoed throughout the room.

"Who else would I be?" he answered back, laughing, making the hair on my arms stand. "Now, open the door Dawn," he commanded.

My right foot moves forward and then the left. Trying to stop myself, I couldn't. My head ached so much that I wanted to fall and faint. My hand touched the knob of the door, screaming to myself not to do it. "That's it princess. Open the door," I could feel his smile through the other side of the door. "Come to me," he laughed. Turning the knob I closed my eyes and the opened it to find that no one was there but a wooden flute on the ground.

Picking it up and coming back inside, my gaze never left the flute. Morgan came to me and looked over my shoulder. "It's a Chinese bamboo flute," she said.

"How do you know," I asked.

"One, its bamboo. Two, Chinese is written on it. And three, my grandfather had one," she smiled.

"Do you know what it's says?" I asked.

"Do I look like I know Chinese?" she asked. I lifted my eyebrow knowing that her step mother is Chinese and she doesn't know a word of English so obviously she knows Chinese. She sighed and took the flute," give me a second". She was quite for a moment, and then scratched her head. "It says, One kiss, my boney sweetheart, I'm after a prize to-night, But I shall be back with the yellow gold before the morning light, Yet, if they press them sharply and hurry me through the day, Then look for me by moonlight, Watch me by moonlight, I'll come to thee by moonlight though hell should bar the way," she let out a soft sigh.

"What?" I asked.

"He's coming back Dawn," she gave me a worry look. "We need to call the cops, now. Do you understand? You were kidnapped and now this."

"The cops won't do anything about the flute. They can't. There is no threat," putting my hand on the flute, she let me take it. Walking zombie-like to the couch, I dropped myself on it. The more I looked at the flute the more it looked familiar. My head started to hurt again.

My voice echoed in my head, 'Connor didn't hurt me. It was my own fault. I'm upset with myself, that's all,' placing my hand on his, I pulled it away. 'Thank you, but I have to go,' making my way around him, I tried to keep my smile up. Once I reached the door the stranger grabbed my hand and pulled me into him. Gasping, he wrapped his arms around me, keeping me close as his hot breath made me shiver.

'If you ever need me,' he whispered. Slipping the flute in my hand, 'Call me.' Wiggling out of him, I got myself free and faced him. He smiled, still holding the hand that he slipped the item in. 'My name is Crevan.'

"Crevan," I whispered out loud.

"Who," Morgan said.

I wasn't listening to Morgan, I was trying to remember. Closing my eyes I forced myself to remember. I'm losing something, I know it. I do. The kissing, the fighting, River's cries. My body shot up, River, the baby. I saved her. I loved her. My baby, my baby, is gone. I let the tears run down my cheeks, how can I forget my baby. Looking at my hands I remembered her small soft body. The tiny smile she gave me, her small fingers wrapped around my own.