Chapter 30

Why won't he believe me? It has to be the flower. I know it has to be. It fits, a flower that can control dreams and make them reality. The problem is to find who made the wish. Bending down I picked up the tulip that was now shriveling up. I'm sorry flower because of me your dying.

Gently touching a petal with the tip of my finger I smiled. Will you make my dream come true as well? I asked the flower as if it would listen to a thing I said. Pinching a tip of a petal I was ready to pull it off. My wish. I want Connor to believe every word I say to help him from himself.

Moving my head to the side. I let go of the petal. No, I can't do that to him. The only one to truly help him is himself.

Knock, knock! "Dawn? May I come in?" Rachelle said from the other side of the door. Getting up on my feet I walked over to the computer desk.

"You may." I returned the shriveled up flower with the others. Hearing the door open I continued to look at the flowers.

"Dawn you shouldn't be up. You're still weak. You must rest." She walked over to me, placing a tray on the desk.

"I'm fine." She placed a hand on my shoulder as I shooed it away. "Really I am." She didn't listen to a thing I said as she just continued to put her hands on my shoulder and guided me to the bed. She successfully got me into bed having me sit up.

"Dawn, next time when I tell you to rest you will do so." She glared at me making me shiver in fear. "Do I make myself clear?"

"Yes." My voice was shaky as she looked down on me. Oh god, she can be scary. Turning to the desk ready to grab the tray she stopped. She stood there for some time as if she was lost in thought. "Are you alright?" I asked.

"Yes." Quickly turning my way she placing the tray down on my lap. Glaring at the food she stood there.

"Are you sure?"

Blinking a few times she glanced at me. Taking a deep breath she forced a smile. I tilted my head with my mouth wide open. She smiled. Oh my god she smiled. The moment she realised that I was looking at her for too long her smile vanished. "Is there something on my face?" I shake my head without saying anything. "River wants me to smile more." She looked down but kept her head held high. So even Rachelle was wrapped around River's little fingers. "Anyway. Rest will you? I don't need something happening again."

"Yes." I said bowing my head.

"Don't do that." She quickly said before turning away.

"Wait! How's Connor?"

She stood by the door, hand on the knob. "He refuses to see anyone." With just that she left.

It's all my fault. Picking up a spoon off the tray I poked my bowl of soup. Wedding soup. Gross, taking bowl off the tray I placed it on the floor hoping Mr. Piccolo will eat it. Mr. Piccolo was hiding under the bed and slowly came out when he saw the bowl. Good cat. Eat the yucky soup. Watching him eat I took my glass of water and took a sip.

"How can you eat that?" I asked. To tell the truth I used to like wedding soup but today I'm just not feeling it. For some time now I have realised that some of the foods I eat aren't that good anymore. All I can really do is just drink water and eat fruit and meat. And I really want a burger right now. Oh with fries too. Oh god I want it now. But the last time I asked for something Rachelle gave me something else and said it was better for me.

I wonder if Connor has been eating. When he gets depressed he runs away and keeps himself busy until he has to face it. But he shouldn't be depressed. I'm still here and I know he didn't do it. But what will it take for him to believe? Starting to feel depressed myself I moved the tray on the other side of the bed and got up. I went to the door thinking that a change of scenery will help my mood. Taking a step outside, I headed to the green house.

***

Once I walked into the green house I heard laughter fill the room. "I can't believe it." I heard Mel say from the back. Slowly walking to the back I peeked around the tall shelf and found Mel and Crevan sitting at the small round table. "The flower worked." She said. Stepping back I thanked god that she couldn't see me through the plants that rested on the shelf.

"You're very happy about that." Crevan sounded happy.

"Why couldn't I be? The Queen of Night died and I heard word that the human is dead." She started too laughed again. She did it.

"I wouldn't be too happy if I were you." Peeking my head out a little he took a sip of his drink.

"And why is that?"

"She's still alive." He smiled.

"What!" She slammed her hand on the table lifting her body off of her chair. "How can that be? Doesn't the flower die when that job is done?" He nodded his head. "Then why?" She whispered.

"At the last minute she bit Connor and drank his blood." He brought his cup to his lips. "Smart girl." He smiled glancing over to me. Quickly throwing my head back I covered my mouth.

"She is an idiot!" She yelled taking a seat.

"Melantha, maybe its time to get over the fact that you will never have him."

"No, no! He is mine! We were to be married had it not been for the humans. And then that woman."

"Nina?"

"Don't say her name. That witch is gone and I was almost there. He was almost mine. You understand don't you?" She sounded sweet when she asked him if he understood. Peeking once more she had her arm wrapped around his neck as she gave him light kisses.

"I'm I not enough?" He whispered.

"I need him." She said taking his lips. She pushed the chair so she was now standing in front of him. Violently taking his mouth she unbuttoned his pants and traveled down. "Yes, I need him." I cover my mouth once more as I watched her take Crevan in her mouth. Crevan moaned, tilting his head back. He placed his hand on the back of her head and took all his focus to me. He moaned as he moved his head to tell me to leave but I couldn't. I couldn't move.

"Now!" he yelled gripping Mel's hair. As if he broke my trance turned around to leave. "I'm coming now." He whispered. As I walked out the green house door.